We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Remove Dolphins

mkborgelt13

Hey all,

I want to get rid of those rotting dolphin carcasses you find along the coast.

I've tried...

• Replacing the meshes whaleBeached01.nif and whaleBeached02.nif with another mesh (spare tire, car seat, etc) in CK
  • Unpacking the mesh files, opening them, and deleting branches (mesh and collision) from the NIF to make the carcass invisible, then using these emptied meshes as replacers

Neither of these has any noticeable impact in-game and it's driving me crazy. What's going on?

Ugh I was hyped but it doesn't work for me. Even last in LO. Something else must be overriding the stubborn dolphin carcasses. Thanks though.

They're supposed to pop when you shoot them. All the carcasses in my game are popped, I've only shot one so something must have already popped them as I've been playing a while. Once the carcass is popped it's probably a separate object not edited by the mod.

Update:

I managed to disappear the carcasses by making the alpha channel of the diffuse map totally black. It mostly works, enough for me. There are specs of blood floating in the air where the carcass was but they aren't as much of an eyesore as the whole carcass was, so I can live with it.

Did you pack the nifs into a .ba2 file to go with your .esp, or swap the original inside the original .ba2 file?

If not, and you just added them inside the data folder:

Did you configure FO4 to accept newer "loose" files?

If not, it will not load the new/custom .nif's.

Best way, I think, would be to 'simply' move them out of sight (down under ground) using the CK. Save and load your mod and they should be gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice about ba2, I indeed did not pack them. Other loose assets have worked for me before, however.

I wanted to avoid doing anything CK related because I will not be able to find all instances of dolphin carcass, and the occlusion/previsible stuff is so whack, I just don't want to even touch anything in the environment.

I managed to hide the carcasses by adding an alpha channel to the texture.

Thanks for the advice about ba2, I indeed did not pack them. Other loose assets have worked for me before, however.

I wanted to avoid doing anything CK related because I will not be able to find all instances of dolphin carcass, and the occlusion/previsible stuff is so whack, I just don't want to even touch anything in the environment.

I managed to hide the carcasses by adding an alpha channel to the texture.

That should do the trick.

Although, if it has a collision (I didn't check) you'll still bump into the invisible dolphins. If that's the case, you'll need to remove the collision data from the .nif too.