Auto-disappearing junk or junk jet not using junk

DynV

In a previous game, I used the junk jet for a few levels and although at the time I looked for the most junk I could after finishing a fight, I missed some and figured it would eventually disappear; well... > 100 level after and there was plenty junk remaining although I kept picking it up when I found it and I'm convinced it was remainders from back then (after 1-2 levels using whatever was in my inventory, I ended up using almost exclusively wood, which I barely ever found outside areas I previously had a fight in before).

I'd like to use either

1. junk with some kind of timer that when it's not in the PC inventory or a container, will disappear after a certain time; I'd like the timer since I'd prefer to do fights using the junk jet as before, that is trying to pick what it shot after the fight, or
  2. a junk jet that doesn't use junk, it could shoot items that automatically disappear after hitting something or even just go through things and disappear at the end of the maximum distance, or
  3. a junk type that I can make instances of it disappear either
    • a. everywhere not in the PC inventory or a container, or
    • b. completely everywhere
      then I could recreate instances of it (ie after installing the mod I go to a chemistry station make instances of it, then at some point go to Pipboy > INV > AID > [MOD NAME settings] then select an option that does the above 3.a or 3.b, then I go to a chemistry station make new instances of it).

The junk jet is fun, but picking up missed shot junk many levels later isn't that fun.

Thank you kindly for your help

Edited by DynV

The cells respawn after a few days, so, you can go through an area, pick up everything that isn't nailed down, show up a few days later, and it's all back.

I always thought pool balls would make good junkjet ammo. :D

Edited by HeyYou

The cells respawn after a few days, so, you can go through an area, pick up everything that isn't nailed down, show up a few days later, and it's all back.

Perhaps you missed the OP 1st paragraph. I played another game in hardcore mode and since the carryweight was low (but "realistic"), I dropped a lot of stuff on the ground outside areas where NPCs respawn, and luckily for me the vast majority, if not all, stayed on the ground until I picked it back up many game-hours later.

Yep, missed that.

I would be curious if 'hardcore' mode doesn't alter the way cells behave...... So far as I know, when a cell resets, anything I have dropped there should go away as well. But, I play on normal mode..... Wonder if that makes a difference?

Yep, missed that.

I would be curious if 'hardcore' mode doesn't alter the way cells behave...... So far as I know, when a cell resets, anything I have dropped there should go away as well. But, I play on normal mode..... Wonder if that makes a difference?

The--other--game was in hardcore.

I don't think disappearing junk would work.... unless it was designed to just go away after being fired. (like bullets currently do.... not like we are finding tons of lead everywhere.) I suspect that would require a 'specific' ammo for the junkjet though, which kinda defeats the purpose of it, doesn't it??

Doing a bit of digging, outdoor cells respawn every 7 days. Indoor 'cleared' cells, are at 20. Doesn't seem to differentiate by difficulty level. (except survival mode, there are multipliers in that case. changing the numbers to 35 days, and 80 days, respectively) However, the counter resets each time you pass thru the cell. (I am only assuming this is also the case for survival mode......) So if you leave a bunch of stuff in a cell that should respawn every 7 days, but, it's a cell you go through regularly, real possibility the cell simply doesn't respawn, and anything you left there, would still be there.

It's entirely possible that the game simply does not 'clean up' after the player though, so, anything that YOU put down, stays put. I am not sure either way on that one.... I should think that player put stuff should go away as well as bodies, and anything they dropped......

outdoor cells respawn every 7 days. Indoor 'cleared' cells, are at 20. Doesn't seem to differentiate by difficulty level. (except survival mode, there are multipliers in that case. changing the numbers to 35 days, and 80 days, respectively) However, the counter resets each time you pass thru the cell. (I am only assuming this is also the case for survival mode......)

By hardcore I mean the mode that you can get disease, need to sleep, etc. which seem to be survival. Then that make sense, as my PC kept getting items and couldn't manage to sell or bring to a settlement everything, so kept dumping on those large piles.

outdoor cells respawn every 7 days. Indoor 'cleared' cells, are at 20. Doesn't seem to differentiate by difficulty level. (except survival mode, there are multipliers in that case. changing the numbers to 35 days, and 80 days, respectively) However, the counter resets each time you pass thru the cell. (I am only assuming this is also the case for survival mode......)

By hardcore I mean the mode that you can get disease, need to sleep, etc. which seem to be survival. Then that make sense, as my PC kept getting items and couldn't manage to sell or bring to a settlement everything, so kept dumping on those large piles.

Things accumulate to fill the space available. :D

Yep, Hardcore=Survival, so, your respawn times are significantly longer. The 'traveling thru the cell resets the respawn timer' also seems to be true, to a certain extent. Some folks report it is rather hit or miss whether it will reset or not.....

I started using the junk jet, as my PC couldn't take a radscorpion melee, and I didn't feel like spending 1-200 caps worth of ammo to get rid of it. And just like good ol' time, ~1/6 vanished, so I went no-clip and had an "amusing" 5 mins looking at many pockets underground where it could be and recovered ~3/4 of the missing shot junk.

If anyone know of any way to disappear all junk around the PC, or any way to completely remove a junk item from my save file, or the like please let me know; for the latter I'd sell or scrap them regularly and use a batch file to spawn a bunch on my PC before switching to the junk jet, then run a batch file to wipe that type before I start scavenging.