Downgraded to 342, Can't Load Save

aryashoa1

Can anyone help me understand what I'm doing/did wrong? I was playing the game perfectly last night on version 342, and then the game auto-updated via Steam today to 353. I downgraded my game using the downgrader tool, and didn't touch anything else. I go to launch the game, and everything seems fine. When I go to load my save, I crash to desktop everytime. I am however able to start a new save without crashing, but that is certainly not optimal since I had already put in a decent chunk of hours into my current save. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

Can anyone help me understand what I'm doing/did wrong? I was playing the game perfectly last night on version 342, and then the game auto-updated via Steam today to 353. I downgraded my game using the downgrader tool, and didn't touch anything else. I go to launch the game, and everything seems fine. When I go to load my save, I crash to desktop everytime. I am however able to start a new save without crashing, but that is certainly not optimal since I had already put in a decent chunk of hours into my current save. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

In my direct experience, from both the 1.5.73 >> 1.5.80, and the 1.5.80 >> 1.5.97 update processes, that I had to backstep several levels in order to retrieve a working save file. In the 1.5.73 >> 1.5.80 I lost almost 40 levels before I found a save that would open. In the 1.5.80 >> 1.5.97 I lost about 20-25 levels.

So..."Is there anything...?" question may be answerable by trying to load an earlier save. Potentially several levels lower than where you are now. It sucks, but that's the way it is.

(And yes, I understand you downgraded back to 1.5.97. I'm just saying that if all else fails, ie, if Fallrim tools for instance doesn't do the job, you might have to accept some level loss).

To clarify, you say you were playing on 1.6.342, the game updated to 1.6.353 automatically and then you downgraded to? 1.6.342 or 1.5.97?

Because if you are trying to use a save made on a 1.6 version on a 1.5 version then you are probably out of luck. The SKSE versions are just too different and even the game executable itself is different.