Regarding recent romance mods

Sage3224

Well, with that smug pronouncement of cancel culture at work, I guess we're stepping into it.

Academic question: How *does* one set Skyrim to be more reflective of a normal distribution in sexual relations?

The FACT is, in real life, only a small fraction, perhaps 3% engages in more than transitory, experimental homosexuality, and true transexuality (hermaphroditism) among mammals - humans to be specific, but I believe the value is roughly around that for most if not all mammals - in nature is roughly 0.05% of the population. That's 1 person in every 2000 people, for a slightly different mental look at the number.

With only a few adult mods included, (and in fact, even in vanilla as I recall), it's apparently right around a 50:50 mix. Interesting FANTASY, but totally unrealistic.

So, for those who are into "immersion", just how would someone configure the game to make such statistical deviances from the norm in human(ish) relationships more in line with reality, rather than idk, Hollywood parties, movies, netflix series, and the self-deluded statistical fantasies of isolated game players?

I didn't download any of the mods in question. (for either "side"). I also don't download "Big Jugged women with Bodacious Butts", or "The sword that's 14ft long cuz it looks so kewl an itz shiny blue!", or "The Witcher <insert character or theme>", etc. However, I am sorely disappointed that they were removed, and the suggestion that the author(s) be permabanned is (imnsho) ... detestable at best and is exemplary of the Stalinist mentality growing among the libertine class.

The idealogues don't care about statistics or the game. Everything they touch decays and posions. Skyrim, other video games, fantasy realms, no bridge is too far for these people. Now the Mods got pulled because the idealogues always play this zero sum game where if doesn't fit their world view it has to burn.

Edited by Guest

The mod's have been removed. I believe anyone who endorsed the two homophobic ones should be perma-banned.

I did. I did post on both the Straight Only Mods and the LGBT Mods saying how surprised i was by the fact both respected each others views without a flame war.

I was wrong. That was not each ones intention. They mislead us.

Nobody respects anyone. Everyone cares about himself.

Your comment is proof of that.

Earlier i blocked every one of these mods still available and the Tag Real World Issues.

People come here to forget Real World Issues not being dragged to them by Internet Forum Activists.

I am out.

Edited by Guest

Well, with that smug pronouncement of cancel culture at work, I guess we're stepping into it.

Academic question: How *does* one set Skyrim to be more reflective of a normal distribution in sexual relations?

The FACT is, in real life, only a small fraction, perhaps 3% engages in more than transitory, experimental homosexuality, and true transexuality (hermaphroditism) among mammals - humans to be specific, but I believe the value is roughly around that for most if not all mammals - in nature is roughly 0.05% of the population. That's 1 person in every 2000 people, for a slightly different mental look at the number.

With only a few adult mods included, (and in fact, even in vanilla as I recall), it's apparently right around a 50:50 mix. Interesting FANTASY, but totally unrealistic.

So, for those who are into "immersion", just how would someone configure the game to make such statistical deviances from the norm in human(ish) relationships more in line with reality, rather than idk, Hollywood parties, movies, netflix series, and the self-deluded statistical fantasies of isolated game players?

I didn't download any of the mods in question. (for either "side"). I also don't download "Big Jugged women with Bodacious Butts", or "The sword that's 14ft long cuz it looks so kewl an itz shiny blue!", or "The Witcher <insert character or theme>", etc. However, I am sorely disappointed that they were removed, and the suggestion that the author(s) be permabanned is (imnsho) ... detestable at best and is exemplary of the Stalinist mentality growing among the libertine class.

I believe all these mods from both sides don't even have a ''Clean'' intention.

Both of them consider it an opportunity to stir up trouble. Thats the real intention.

Edited by Guest

The idealogues don't care about statistics or the game. Everything they touch decays and posions. Skyrim, other video games, fantasy realms, no bridge is too far for these people. Now the Mods got pulled because the idealogues always play this zero sum game where if doesn't fit their world view it has to burn.

Touch grass. You're making a big deal out of nothing and acting like free speech is dying because mods that were obviously made with the intention of offending people were removed. Which is complete bullshit, because plenty of people dislike those oversexualized waifu mods too but no-one is advocating to take those down because that would be unreasonable. If anything, a lot of users always throw fits over any LGBTQ+-related mods (e.g. the Pronouns one), which doesn't affect them in any way.

Source of the Problem in the Real World: The System

Solution: De-Centralization (Communities with their own Laws under the Umbrella of a single State)

Source of the Problem in Nexus: None (Policies where open for everyone as long as you don't insult anyone)

LGBT Mods: Perfectly fine. They don't insult anyone.

Straight only Mods: Perfectly fine. They don't insult anyone.

Everyone has his own Rules in his own ''Safe Zone'' maintaining his ''Sovereigty'' and way of life. Peace and Order.

Nexus had the policy. People abused it.

People can't respect the Safe Zone of their Neighboors.

People got offended because of somebody else having the right to his own rules within his own Game

Does that make any sense? No.

Does anyone make any sense? No and no exceptions.

Edited by Guest

The mod's have been removed. I believe anyone who endorsed the two homophobic ones should be perma-banned.

I did. I did post on both the Straight Only Mods and the LGBT Mods saying how surprised i was by the fact both respected each others views without a flame war.

I was wrong. That was not each ones intention. They mislead us.

Nobody respects anyone. Everyone cares about himself.

Your comment is proof of that.

Earlier i blocked every one of these mods still available and the Tag Real World Issues.

People come here to forget Real World Issues not being dragged to them by Internet Forum Activists.

I am out.

TBH blocking the real world issues tag is the best option and wish modders that would add anything of sexuality, like the straight, lgbq, trans, any of that as real world. however most modders that upload all that dont because of they either want to cause problems or too lazy to. certain activists hate that their mods get tagged as real world issues too and will go on tirades about how their mod shouldnt be there. skyrim is an escape from alot of political stuff, same as most games, anime, and alot of books. Alot of people just want to not have to deal with the political crap anymore, ie reason for comics and movies and nerd culture falling apart in US. in all honesty, i want nexus to survive because it keeps its toxicity of the internet here instead of seeping to the more free areas of the internet. similar to how tumblr was till that died, now its everywhere.....

There was a mod several years ago that removed the homo options. I don't remember a fuss then. Those mods could have been useful to 99% of people, since the vanilla handling of the dialogue assumes you're into whoever comes along. If the NPC's propositioned the player, and you could answer accordingly, then that would have been better.

How dare a digital universe, much less the RL world, reflect the primary mode of biological reproduction, as the overwhelming majority. The bigotry..

How dare a fictional world present something outside the norm when there's Dragons, Werewolves, and Magic existing in the same space.

It's really telling what kind of person you are, when homosexuality is the thing that ruins your immersion.

Grow the f*** up.

100% agreed. Also, if you spend about 30 minutes reading about into just about any Norse Mythology (you know, the thing that a lot of Skyrim culture flavor is sourced from...) you're bound to find some absolutely non-straight relationship f*#@ery, like Loki mothering horses, or men having male concubines and whatever. It was totally just flaming for flame's sake.

Sorry to insert myself into this debacle that is going on right now on this thread, but there are a few things I must say.

1. As a gay man myself, with a pretty thick skin and all, while I find the whole reaction to the uploaded mods quite exaggerated, and simply using the report button would be more than enough to deal with them, I can see where other gay people are coming from.

It has gotten pretty tiresome to be continuously demonized even to this day, and having to read the same exhausted talking points over and over again(and with some users sending messages to other users of pretty explicit content of the very ugly kind. Don't believe me? Go see for yourselves at the Formal Warnings section on the main forum page).

After looking into the whole drama myself, it's clear that these mods were uploaded with a clear provocative intent, and with that special someone lamenting about snowflakes and having a image(now removed) of a "b***hurt form" after getting the reactions he wanted.

2. What some of you(especially recent users) need to understand, is that Nexus has always been particularly strict when it came to moderation from chasing away the trolls to taking down copyrighted content, way before Bethesda even began development of Skyrim, heck, even during the Morrowind days.

I won't say that even with that heavy moderation drama is non-existent, because there have been dramas in the past and there will be dramas in the future, so this isn't the first or the last.

So all this talk of censorship, cancel culture, or whatever terms this overly-polarized American political scene has been using in recent years is ultimately pointless and honestly pretty childish when the mods in question were in clear violation of the file submission guidelines.

Whether we like it or not, this is how this site is managed, so steel yourselves and move on.