Any way to stop "this settlement needs your help" quests?

hucker75

I have a mod that makes settlements defend themselves properly (it calculates the chances of their success properly instead of the bugthesda way), but I still get the quests to help, which often automatically make themselves active and I end up running to the wrong marker while trying to do something else! Any way to stop those quests? There is a mod that does so, but it sounds like it will stop the enemy appearing altogether, I just want the quest not to be there.

These are the two on Nexus that I know of. Bethesda.net may have more. "No Settlement Quests" https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/41244 , "Preston Garvey No Radiant Settlement Quests" https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24940 There were others that were removed because modders were upset with how Nexus started bundling mods. They may still be available on other websites. Some of these depend on whether you play PC or a game console.

I don't have a Bethesda account, I ain't paying for mods.

Your first link is a mod for unlocking settlements, not removing quests to defend them.

Your second link is to stop Garvey requests, which I don't have a problem with. I can always just not speak to him.

I want to get rid of the randomly given quests that your settlement is under attack and you should defend it. All I've found so far is a mod to help it defend itself more realistically, if I have a million turrets, it says "chances of losing 0%, no help necessary", but the quest remains.

I use No Settlement Attacks. Works great. My settlements simply aren't attacked.

I have another mod that limits my "Preston Quests" to 1. So they don't keep accumulating. I also turn off the loudspeaker at the castle, so IT doesn't hand me quests. I NEVER tune to Radio Freedom, so I don't get quests from there either. (except for a few breif moments doing the "Old Guns" quest....)

Also, you don't need to pay for mods on the beth website. The Creation Club content is indeed behind a paywall, but, there are a LOT of mods that are free to download. (on the order of Thousands.....)

Edited by HeyYou

I don't have a Bethesda account, I ain't paying for mods.

Your first link is a mod for unlocking settlements, not removing quests to defend them.

Your second link is to stop Garvey requests, which I don't have a problem with. I can always just not speak to him.

I want to get rid of the randomly given quests that your settlement is under attack and you should defend it. All I've found so far is a mod to help it defend itself more realistically, if I have a million turrets, it says "chances of losing 0%, no help necessary", but the quest remains.

Maybe it's just me, but I went on Bethesda and couldn't find any requirement to pay for mods. But then they don't charge a fee to make an account either.. If that's too much trouble, I'm sure you will eventually find something. And although it might be a struggle for you, a simple Thank you for answering but that's not what I'm looking for, would go a long way towards making a person not regret trying to help you in the first place. Enjoy your game!

Maybe it's just me, but I went on Bethesda and couldn't find any requirement to pay for mods. But then they don't charge a fee to make an account either.. If that's too much trouble, I'm sure you will eventually find something. And although it might be a struggle for you, a simple Thank you for answering but that's not what I'm looking for, would go a long way towards making a person not regret trying to help you in the first place. Enjoy your game!

Strange, I'd heard that everyone flocked to Nexus because Bethesda charged (although paid most of that to the mod authors). Also I thought most mods were on both, so I'll just stick to Nexus.

Wow, if you insist, then thankyou very much, I bow at your knees.

Edited by hucker75

I advise against "No Settlement Attacks" - it looks like it works, but I dug into the details, and it removes the quest stages, which actually means the relevant quests can be active (and reserved!) but not show up in the log, preventing some settlements from getting their alliance quests. I recommend Stop Settlement Attacks instead.

Some mods on Bethesda that you can access while in game you do pay for, but you can go look on Bethesda.net and see the ones you don't have to pay for. Some mod authors removed their mods from Nexus or set them to hidden because Nexus started bundling similar mods into mod packs that the author had no control over. Those modders still have their mods available on different sites. If you have a spare half hour go check them out. You can still use Vortex, you just need to download them and install them manually. It may not be as bad as you thought and it gives you more options. There are other sites you can find that also have free mod downloads.