Raining in Eldergleam Sanctuary?

Mookeylama

Sounds like you've got at-least one mod in your Load-Order, somewhere, that's reclassified Eldergleam Sanctuary as an "exterior" cell (probably a 'Lighting' or 'Weather' .esm/.esp)
You can use TES5edit (or WryeSmash, etc, if you still use a 'Bashed Patch' for summary-changes) to examine that specific 'cell' with your full gameplay Load Order loaded-up [run through whatever mod-manager you use] to see if there's any mods giving that cell Weather Effects, and re-write/save changes to your installed-copy(ies) to adjust it.
If that *isn't* the cause, then I can't advise you further.
Hope that helps.

thanks. pretty sure tho that elderg is one of the rare places that is an interior cell but that's considered an exterior. it has a small world flag in vanilla and no "is interior" flags. i just checked and no cells are change nor loacation. it has no entry in weather. i can't figure it out.

thanks for the reply

Are you sure it's raining, and not just the spray coming from those two large waterfalls?

By default the area has 4 FXAmbBeamWetMistBig effects, to represent mist coming from the waterfalls.

Edited by olnorton

thanks, yep positive. was getting rain drips from wetncold. color variants from Natural Rain mod. even thunder. woulda been sweet actually, had rain occlusion made it just come thru the holes in the cave roof lol.

all i can figure is it was "scheduled" to rain soon in the game, perhaps next cell load, and maybe i had a lot of script lag. so when i went in eldergleam it triggered.