LE mods for SE

BrotherShamus

I've been looking for a mod that rebuilds Helgen in a simple way (no extra quests or NPCs introduced) and found one here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82239/?tab=posts but can't find an up to date guide on how to make it work in SE. There is an obsolete guide here in the SE pages and one on LL that seems more up to date but doesn't really explain what to do aside from using CAO and CK to change it from a form 43 to a form 44. Also, would I need the mod authors permission to do this? I'm not looking to port the mod... I just want a 'non wrecked' Helgen in my game.

Aside from CAO and changing the form header, anything else would have to be determined on a case by case basis. In other words, convert the assets with CAO, change the plugin's header with the SSE CK and then test it in game. If anything doesn't work as intended, investigate the cause and correct it.

Aside from CAO and changing the form header, anything else would have to be determined on a case by case basis. In other words, convert the assets with CAO, change the plugin's header with the SSE CK and then test it in game. If anything doesn't work as intended, investigate the cause and correct it.

Thanks... I've never done this before but I'm going to give it a swing. Fingers crossed!

edit: I actually did it! Helgen has been a sore point for me for like... a decade. Happy frikken Birthday to me!