Yet another Dean Domino bug.

xtoturnwithinx

You've been given a solution. If you don't want to download and install FOMM, NMM, or FO3Edit, there's really nothing that can be done to help you as there appears to be no other way to get your load order, and without that you cannot use any of the commands to make it work.

Sorry xtoturnwithinx but this was just plain wrong. The simplest way to find the load order number of a mod is to [tilde] click on something that mod has put into the game. the Flare gun from Lonesome road for example. Drop it. click on it and "Flare Gun" (ff0013a) appears at the top of the screen which is the 'reference' ID of that specific use or instance of the item in the game. But typing [gbo] for GetBaseObject [Return] produces;

GetBaseObject >> 07004c4e (Flare Gun)

Which means on my machine 'Lonesome Road' is number 7 in the load order. However the numbers are Hexadecimal so after 19 they become 0A, 0B and so on. This works on NPCs, clutter anything you can click on, that a mod has put-into the game will do this.

Your 'Not Compiled' sounds like scripts which I am not remotely qualified to advise you on. In fact I have 'Base ID' questions I dearly like someone to explain such as..

I have High-Desert-Tactical at 13 in the load order ( 0dxxx ) at number 8 I have No-Weapons-Degradation (which produces no in game content) If I remove N-W-D then H-D-T and all of it's content 'should' become ( 0cxxx ) and yet sometimes it does and other times it doesn't.

Perhaps my game's just screwed up swapping mods in and out... or perhaps there is a principal at work that I don't understand and some kind, knowledgeable soul could explain.. perhaps..

Edited by SayinNuthin

Well, via Nexus Mod Manager, I set Dead Money to #2 and started the entire quest chain over Still had the same problem, so I tried using the setstage console command to bypass it. As before, I got that same error. No earthly idea what's happening at all.

Edited by xtoturnwithinx

Nor have I, I'm afraid. Dead Money isn't one of my favourite missions so I've not so much experience of the glitch-fest Domino appears (from all the chatter) to be. You have looked at the last section of 'NPC Manipulation' of this haven't you? It's pretty much the bottom line in 'messing with' the game without opening the GECK.

(P.s. Hex becomes 0a etc. after 9, not 19 as I wrote above.. apologies)

Edited by SayinNuthin

• 7 years later...

Nor have I, I'm afraid. Dead Money isn't one of my favourite missions so I've not so much experience of the glitch-fest Domino appears (from all the chatter) to be. You have looked at the last section of 'NPC Manipulation' of this haven't you? It's pretty much the bottom line in 'messing with' the game without opening the GECK.

(P.s. Hex becomes 0a etc. after 9, not 19 as I wrote above.. apologies)

Bit of a late reply but I ran into the same problem: reloaded a save and chose only the mean options when speaking to Dean and it worked.