Out of memory

drevviken

I doubt anyone can help me at this point but I'm throwing this out there just in case.

I'm decently experienced in modding NV and this time I'm using Viva New Vegas as a base so all those fixes are in place. I've got 317 active mods, 188 plugins & necessary patches (manual when needed) to sort out any incompatibles and recently finished a complete playthrough with two crashes in total because the stability is great. I've slowly been adding more and more textures along the way in my second playthrough but nothing over 2k. Halfway through the second one I decided to throw an ENB into the mix (George's) and I've been following all necessary steps regarding the memory setup etc. and suddenly I got the out of memory error. Now, no matter what I do the out of memory error kills me more or less directly when I try to play. Same thing if I remove the ENB (and all its files) completely. I've tried to remove various heavy mods adding a lot of npcs and downsized landscape textures to 1k but nothing works. It's like the game is suddenly cursed. I've reached the end of the line and will simply uninstall if no one can suggest something since I'm not interested in beginning again this time around. My system is old, two Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 with 2gb each and 8 gb ram but I never go under 40fps in the most crowded of places.

Any ideas...? ;q

The 4gb patcher is included in the VNV guide so I have. Educated guesses was kind of what I was after :smile: I'll try to gather the information needed as soon as I'm not in complete apathy. I've tried to remedy the error for two days now.

Edit: after some more testing this error seem to be pretty much exclusive to the area near Forlorn hope and the camp itself, iow a known problem that to my knowledge hasn't been addressed? It has something do to with scripts regarding legion/ncr battles glitching out and being too large and therefore draining the memory. Wish I knew how to just disable those scripts.