Beth/Net CC downloads auto, How to remove those mods from game file?

Kiwihine

I was given the whole lot of CC for the New ASE version game play. I do not like or want to play or deal with some of those pay mods in my game at all.

Tried delete, but they just get reinstall by auto when you start a new install game again.

Maybe someone has a idea how to stop it downloading or to stop those files working without causing harm to your game folder.

Many thanks, look forward to hearing from someone soon:)

This is something Bethesda must address since they don't actually give us the option to deactivate them which of course is counterproductive for modded load order due to how many they are. Otherwise we can just search the Nexus for New Lands Modders Resource mods and install them all till the game slows down.

I mean what were they thinking ''Its ESL shouldn't be a problem'' Yeah ok, lets just install every ESL out there and have a thousand mods active just because lol

Sooner or later they must address this issue. Now there is also this .bat file https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/58783 that can help. Personally, i just downgraded the last days. There are a few gamebreaking bugs and they still need addressing = new updates = broken saves. So once they are, i'll upgrade and stay with that version till i do a New Save/ Playthrough. If of course NetScriptFramework dependant mods find alternatives to work.

Edited by Guest

I was given the whole lot of CC for the New ASE version game play. I do not like or want to play or deal with some of those pay mods in my game at all.

Tried delete, but they just get reinstall by auto when you start a new install game again.

Maybe someone has a idea how to stop it downloading or to stop those files working without causing harm to your game folder.

Many thanks, look forward to hearing from someone soon:)

You can use this downgrade patcher: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618 to remove the AE update, but you will first need to turn off updates in Steam too, or it will just update again next time you play. I haven't done this myself yet though, so it would be a good idea (as always) to read everything in the mod description. I also can't say for sure if this will cause problems down the line either. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can help.