Greatest game series of the decade?

Zaldir

In response to post #9265647.

Halo was a great game and has had me ply it for long periods of time from halo 2 to reach. Sadly for me halo 4 was a let down and I didn't even finish the campaign or get past lvl 20 on multiplayer. Sadly, even though halo was the pioneer to FPS games on consoles it still takes the place as a generic shooter in almost every aspect. With Halo 1-3 I loved the story and it will always be memorable to me. The thing I liked about reach was the differences in abilities for online play and the story was pretty well laid out as well. All of them were good in certain situations but none better than another. Halo 4 to me was different because some abilities were clearly better than others. Getting cloak with a shotgun hiding around a corner is just a little too deadly for my tastes.
Just saying that with all of the games combined there were 2 bad ones, Halo Recon and Halo 4. I just dont think the rest of them can win against Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. These 3 games dominated awards and all of them got game of the year so don't go saying that Halo got more/better awards because that is just not true. As a series TES has more games of the year per game than Halo with it's perfect score.
And btw GTA is a very influential game. I liked san andreas as well but the only way I actually played it was when I cheated my was to hell. GTA IV was my favorite as I have not played V yet

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyrim is way better than GTA V. But they are 2 different type games. GTA V is open world but many buildings cannot be entered, smaller amount of AI - thus reducing CTD's for consoles, but, the comments become too repetitive and boring after a while. GTA V sold so many because there is nothing else new out there and a lot of gamers wanted something new.

Skyrim still is way better because of better mods and graphics available. Its sad that skyrim is still using 32 bit engines thus maxing out graphics to 3.5 gigs. Beth needs to upgrade to 64 bit CK and engine.

Edited by AstroGazer

Skyrim is 20% Cooler Game, and GTA 5 is a Good Game.

I Like Old TES Episode TES 1 TES 2 TES 3 GOTY TES 4 (5TH Annivversary Edition) TES 5 Legendary Edition and TES Legends Battlespire.

But I Unlike TES Online.

The my GTA episode Like Only (GTA 1/London GTA 2 GTA 3/San Andreas and Vice City)

I Unlike GTA 4 and GTA 5.

to be honest im not sure i entirely agree with the way they chose which game "series" to include, i mean they included company of heroes, guild wars and starcraft which imo barely qualify as "series" having only like 2 games each (dont get me wrong i think they are great games) but they left out great games like witcher, kingdom hearts, amnesia and penumbra (again not saying they should have won just that they deserve a chance at least :P )

but oh well congrats elder scrolls :)

i'll go with GTA and Battlefield....those games really are the bestsellers...oh i almost forgot Diablo...ahaha! been saving up for BF4 for quite some time..i cant wait to Buy Battlefield 4 i hope its worth every penny..i have beenw watching lots of trailers and reviews. i hope BF4 will live up to its hype for the best warfare game. (better than Arma 3/COD? ) what do you think guys?

GTA5 vanilla definitely beat all TES vanilla, but who plays ES series for vanilla, it's about the mods. Which made them all at least 2x better games. However, the only time bethesda game studios made a game that beat rockstar north's game is fallout 3, it blows gta4 out of water in 2008.

In response to post #9303351.

battlefield? lol just the same s#*! as COD.