Update on site work and NMM 0.50 around the corner

Dark0ne

In response to post #9160045. #9162092, #9162352, #9164413, #9165803, #9166413, #9167007, #9167131, #9177780, #9182846, #9189858, #9190136, #9192312, #9200465 are all replies on the same post.

If it helps your attitude, at least two of the features you listed are by their nature provided for in the way the are implementing profiling.

- Installing/uninstalling multiple mods at once (this is practically the definition of what a profile does)
- Adjusting mod install options without doing a full uninstall/reinstall cycle (the use of symbolic links paves the way for this kind of rapid alteration by allowing the possibility of having multiple versions of a mod "sidelined" for use)

They have to start somewhere, and several of the features (not all, but many) you want are either entirely game specific specific (anything that interacts with specific TES or Fallout modding tools) or would require completely different code to function for non-Bethesda games.

Personally, I would rather have profiling before most of those anyway, but I admit that's just personal opinion.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that I really appreciate all that Dark One and his very small staff have done for us the gamers. The ease at which nexus has made installing, uninstalling mods. From my perspective nexus changed gaming for me 100% . I still check nexus daily to see what new mods have come out. Are any new updates to the mods i have active in my game that I should be aware and see if Gopher made a new video. This is the best site when it comes to modding your game. There are always going to be people that only look for the negative aspects to something they themselves are interested in and feel it's their duty to post all there disapproval. I wonder what have they done that is so superior that gives them the right to judge and complain on something that is offerd FREE to the world.

In response to post #9160045. #9162092, #9162352, #9164413, #9165803, #9166413, #9167007, #9167131, #9177780, #9182846, #9189858, #9190136, #9192312, #9200465, #9205399 are all replies on the same post.

I agree with Fatalmasterpiece, We are lucky Robin and his staff provide us with tools like NMM at all. Edited by EWM333

I wholehearted agree with Fatalmasterpiece's awesome response. Also the fix/patch, rather than pulling an entire hundred megabyte archive, is to download individual mod pieces instead of entire packs. For example, I can download xp32's entire new animation pack and if an update comes up that I want for Magic Casting, I'll have to uninstall then reinstall the entire pack. On the other hand, I can just install the individual part versions of the mod that xp32 has put out and just uninstall and delete the old Magic Casting and download and install the new Magic Casting and take far less time, bandwidth, etc. This method probably doesn't work for "mod authors" who do not put out individual patches/parts of their mods lol :P. What I think would be great is the integration of the ENB binary files :D, but then again that's why we have the ENB manager which I haven't got to test out just yet because I just found out about it. The ENB manager along with other things like Gopher's Tutorial Vids :D, TES5 edit, BOSS, etc need to be advertised more by maybe adding a specific section under files on the skyrim nexus website called essential/beneficial files). Yes I know they're under categories under utilities; however, I think they need to be in a more highlighted spot. I'm hoping it has the same uninstalling functions for replacing previous overwritten files like NMM so I don't have to constantly redownload stuff or manually create a backups of my skyrim ini, skyrimprefs ini, etc (Yes, I like working efficiently not hard :D). By the way, I love the integrated categories from the skyrim nexus website into the NMM. I make far less screw-ups, especially since I like most others have tons of mods :D; profiling is an excellent idea. With profiling I could have a UNP set-up and CBBE set up a the click of a button :D, rather than having to uninstall a ton my mods manually then reinstall. The main question is will the profile install everything in the same order that I originally did or will it just go down the list??? Hmmm... Lastly I'm thinking about becoming a premium member; therefore supporting the Nexus team in it's endeavors financially :). Edited by EMAN009

For some reason the current NMM has "lost" several mods from the "Mods" tab. That is the mods are still installed and shown on "Plugins" pane and work in the game but on "Mods" pane they're no longer listed. Anyone can tell why? For example I downloaded and installed unofficial patches, all of them, with NMM and they were always listed. Now I only see "Unofficial Hearthfire Patch" listed, all others are no longer shown on "Mods" pane. Same for several housing mods and what not. How can I fix this, or why have several mods disappeared from that list? I haven't fiddled with any NMM specific files or folders, these names just disappeared from the "Mods" list when it was upgraded to 0.45.6, and it's making mod updating a real pain, or even uninstallation. Sure I can remove the stuff manually but it's still listed as installed somewhere in NMM files.

I haven't noticed anyone commenting about how Nexus Mod Manager applies a second entry of Skryim.esm in the plugins.txt file on Windows XP 64. I know i am not the only person having this problem. Yeah, it is simple enough to fix, i make a shortcut to my plugins.txt file, and delete the duplicate entry after every time i install a mod with an esp file involved. However, if i forget, the game crashes on load. Also, I managed to find documentation on this issue only after a lot of frustration wondering why my game wouldn't load at all. This can't be fun for the next guy who doesn't know what the problem is, and should be fixed. This only seems to happen on some operating systems, not to everyone, but it is still happening to some of us, and has been happening for months, if not years. Is the new souped up version .50 going to fix this?

I know very little about computers, just enough to get me in trouble. I love to play these games though and tools such as NMM makes it much easier for me to make my games play and look the way I want them too. I want to thank everyone involved from developers, modders, moderators, site administrators, and anyone else I may have missed, for helping make my games vastly more enjoyable. And, just possibly, I might learn something here.

Thank You

In response to post #9103574. #9103755 is also a reply to the same post.

Yay! Good thing I looked back at my comment lol. Which reminds me, I don't get any notifications when I have a reply on a comment I had made. That normal? Kind of hard to memorize all the places I have commeted expecting a reply