"Open world removal" mod possible or not?

Tytanovastatos

My toon needs to kick back and relax. Whack himself with some stimpacks, maybe have a beer..... Hitting pause, or, shutting down the game, doesn't help him.

That could be done in the middle of a town, hubworld or a dungeon, or near friendly NPCs.

Why do you need empty swaths of flat map for that?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My toon needs to kick back and relax. Whack himself with some stimpacks, maybe have a beer..... Hitting pause, or, shutting down the game, doesn't help him.

That could be done in the middle of a town, hubworld or a dungeon, or near friendly NPCs.

Why do you need empty swaths of flat map for that?

Because due to some of the mods I run, random encounters can be deadly. But, I like it that way.

Besides, its a post apocalyptic wasteland (Fallout 4) High population density doesn't fit.

how about playing a game you like and to omit the one you don't (for instance a game with an open world)? :wink:

Whats the point of modding then?

The point of mods is to transform the negative experience of the game to a better more playable one.

Right ... so you could make one of those player home mods that are so popular in open world games . But with a new concept ... where you fight the urge to explore .

Gaining XP and leveling up the longer you can stay there . And could put a computer in your house , where you get to play text dungeon games ( like Fo3 Reign of Grelok)

Although it may give you a bit of an open world feel while playing it ?

Because due to some of the mods I run, random encounters can be deadly. But, I like it that way.

Besides, its a post apocalyptic wasteland (Fallout 4) High population density doesn't fit.

You said your toon likes to chill and relax, deadly random encounters ruins that. How does your character whack himself with stimpacks in the middle of random encounters?

Why are you playing a toon in a post in a apocalypse? if you have the chance to relax and enjoy your rime in a post apocalypse that would mean high population density would fit exactly. The other toons just managed to survive the way your toon did.

You said your toon likes to chill and relax, deadly random encounters ruins that. How does your character whack himself with stimpacks in the middle of random encounters?

Why are you playing a toon in a post in a apocalypse? if you have the chance to relax and enjoy your rime in a post apocalypse that would mean high population density would fit exactly. The other toons just managed to survive the way your toon did.

We evidently have different philosophies on what an 'open world' game should be... You ever played Fallout 4?

Maybe you should state what your gig is about . . . cuz nobody really knows

Start writing the game /// which is basically describing what the player will see .

Start writing the game /// which is basically describing what the player will see .

I expected a way to remove the empty spaces in open world games to compress the gameplay down.

That is what my gig is about.

And wondering how that could be achieved.

I expected a way to remove the empty spaces in open world games to compress the gameplay down.

It's possible, but, you would essentially be re-doing the entire game. For one or two or even a dozen people, that would be a project that could take years...... and I doubt anyone is going to be interested in doing so.

Well considering it is about what the player sees ... then it doesn't really matter how much stuff is behind the scenes , ergo no need to remove it , making all that extra work to link things back together so they will work.

Plus then you still have choice , instead of taking it away.

So I suggest instead of thinking you need to remove content , you just need a way to skip it.

And there in lies the job of creating a plausible and fun way for the player to transport to all the necessary action points.

Which of course would require an in depth understanding of the game story in the first place.