Unresolved Conflicts bug (1.5.4)

objir
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

Well not as bad as my situation.

I installed 1.5.4 and got the unresolvable file conflict.

So I rolled back to 0.13.1.

Vortex set me up with all new Download and Mod staging folders for Skyrim SE. New paths.

When I try to tell Vortex where those actually are, Vortex will not let me. "Directory must be empty".

Until I figure out how to resolve this - without damaging my hard links - all my mods are gone.

Why did you roll all the way back to the Alpha build of Vortex? 0_o"

If you'd reinstalled 1.4.17 it probably would've been recoverable but going back that far may have damaged your state file to the point where it will take a fair bit of effort on your part to repair it.

Guest deleted34304850

Vortex set me up with all new Download and Mod staging folders for Skyrim SE. New paths.

When I try to tell Vortex where those actually are, Vortex will not let me. "Directory must be empty".

Until I figure out how to resolve this - without damaging my hard links - all my mods are gone.

oh mate, do you have any recent backups of your system? it may be quicker to restore from a backup taken a week or so ago, than try to undo the damage going back so far in vortex history has caused.

remember, there have been a couple of vortex releases where it was stated - once you use the new version, you can't go back. period. you've done that and more to your environment and i don't know if there's a way back for you, except to restore from a backup?

Guest deleted34304850

Why did you roll all the way back to the Alpha build of Vortex? 0_o"

If you'd reinstalled 1.4.17 it probably would've been recoverable but going back that far may have damaged your state file to the point where it will take a fair bit of effort on your part to repair it.

i'd ask why all the really old versions are still up there for download given the clear instruction that certain versions of vortex absolutely prevent someone from rolling back to a prior release.

but then i've only been involved in IT for 30 years, what would I know about obsolete copies of software causing havoc.

Well I could still use some advice. I reinstalled 1.5.4

I am pretty much willing to concede my Skyrim SE and it's 20 profiles are all toast since I can't find where Settings are stored..

Everything in Skyrim SE Downloads, the game directory, and the staging directory are intact.

It is only the Vortex pointers to those entities that are messed up.

Everything in AppData (profiles, etc) look good.

What about my other games? Since they were not active during this transition, are they safe to switch to?

Same problem here, had no problems yesterday, but after updating there are a bunch of unresolvable conflicts that weren't there yesterday. Just spent two hours banging my head against a brick wall trying to get Skyrim SE to run. Looove wasting what little spare time I have.

A new ticket for this is here: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/11152

The developers need at least one person to include their state with a report to debug this.

• Go to "Send Feedback" in Vortex
  • Select "Bug Report"
  • Select "Other"
  • Add a brief title and description (reference this issue or thread if you like)
  • Click "Attach special files" and "Application State".
  • Submit the report

Guest deleted34304850

A new ticket for this is here: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/11152

The developers need at least one person to include their state with a report to debug this.

• Go to "Send Feedback" in Vortex
  • Select "Bug Report"
  • Select "Other"
  • Add a brief title and description (reference this issue or thread if you like)
  • Click "Attach special files" and "Application State".
  • Submit the report

Mike, is it possible for you to create a sticky for this issue, asking for that information that the devs require? i' hate for this important post to be lost?