Rain. We Need Freaking Rain.

thesurvivalist

wait a min

Wasteland is a desert

I know that the greenhouse effect makes the weather nuts

but since when does itrain in deserts ?

XD

All deserts except antartica which is technically a desert have rain to some degree. just depends on if you are luck enough to see it and how how cold it is to stop it reaching ground level.

Perhaps it should just be like a "hat of Gloom" like in the cartoons where rain effects you only and so appears to fall everywhere you look. Of course you would need to turn it off in interiors.

Weather would be brilliant, rain of course big duststorms that effect sight and lighting storms that randomly blast lighting at the ground.

If radioactive water is evaporated, the vapor is still irradiated. So, the rain would be radioactive.

Off of that subject. I'm sure that you could easily take an animation for rain, add in the 1 rad/sec script, and have rain that works when you're in the open. I have honestly no idea what to do to make the rain visible from underneath a structure, but not falling through it.

Although, if you made this script, you would also need to make it so that raiders and anyone else out in the wastes took shelter, and add in a good amount of rad-away when you run into their encampments.

• 3 weeks later...
If radioactive water is evaporated, the vapor is still irradiated. So, the rain would be radioactive.

No it wouldn't. Water itself cannot be radioactive, but the effect of it being radioactive is caused by what is in the water, for example, radioactive particles or some desription (uranium etc). And what is in the water doesn't evaporate with the water, just like when sea water evaporates you don't get salty rain.

No it wouldn't. Water itself cannot be radioactive, but the effect of it being radioactive is caused by what is in the water, for example, radioactive particles or some desription (uranium etc). And what is in the water doesn't evaporate with the water, just like when sea water evaporates you don't get salty rain.

Actually, when irradiated water evaporates it's still radiated. The atoms of the water are what stay radiated. And the last time I checked, state change doesn't change the atomic composition of a substance.

To become radioactive, water must

1. absorb 2 neutorns each in hydrogen atoms.

2. absorb 1 or more neutron each in oxygen atoms.

3. dissolve a radioactive element or compound.

or

4. carry a radioactive substance in suspension.

(taken off of yahoo answers)

Ya there is Rad in the rain, but a very small amount, that it cant hurt you at all, And this because the vapor cant left the needed amount to hurt anything, but sitting Water can hold the amount needed to hurt (even kill) people in or drinking it, But when it turns in to vapor it drops most of it to make it self lighter,

So Yes there is Rads in the Rain, But it cant hurt you

(There is Rads in are rain, so the next time your in the rain, you are getting hit with Rads but it so little it dos not hurt you, and it well leave your body in less then 24 hours)

Waaaiit.. I have an idea for something, not weather, but more like an enconter. What if random "dud" nukes went off over in the distance? And I'm talking big nukes, like "destroying Megaton" nukes. Or if there were ash storms in the downtown D.C. area?

Archived