I hope we backed up any mods by Neanka, and I hope we're backing up any other core mods.

MythicalTwinkies

Should Core Mods be Protected by Nexus Staff? (We're not talking about small mods. we're talking about big mods such as AAF, Def_UI, Hud Framework, MCM, ETC)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should Core Mods be protected by Nexus Staff?

• Yes, I believe Core Mods should be protected by the Nexus Staff.
    • No, I believe Core Mod Developers should be allowed to hide their mods.

Nexus has a irrevocable distribution license. So there is a technicality that they could protect uploads of popular framework mods from being hidden.

However, this does not mean they should by any means go unhiding pages willy nilly. They've done more than enough to that end. The file archival system's protections are already highly effective.

On another note: If something many mods require goes down indefinitely, the community will inevitably create a replacement to fill it's old purpose. Likely to be as good as the old file, if it isn't anything even better. The looming threat of further mods being rendered useless, through common dependencies being lost, could (ideally) create a surge of popularity for FOSS and/or copyleft licenses too. Even just modders' resources and frameworks being FOSS would be a great thing, as if an author ever decided to pack up their bag and ride off into the sunset, other authors could carry on and continue to provide support.

Guest deleted34304850

You're one to talk Neanka about spreading hatred. this wasnt targeted at you, its just your recent actions that that led to me making this topic. and the staff deleting your comments because it "Didnt align with their ideologies" is a major over statement. they deleted it because you were calling Ukraine Nazis from my understanding and being super offensive and inconsiderate which violated TOS.

Edit: I quoted the wrong person lmao

I proved to you that the hiding of mods was agreed with the co-authors, that I was going to open them in a few days in advance and that I respect the community and consider our mods to be their property. and all you can say now is that i called someone Nazis. so shallow..

can you swear on the Bible that the nationalists in Ukraine have not killed over 14 thousand of their citizens in Donbass since 2014? if I'm talking about something, then I'm operating with well-known facts. and I do not justify the war in any way.

and there is no need to justify yourself with some far-fetched versions now. you created this post only just for instigation

...it's been emotional.

It wasn't emotional, I can repeat every word I said

i didnt mean you, neanka. i specifically have not mentioned anything in this or any other thread about the ongoing issues in the world because i do not believe a gaming site is the place to do that.

i meant the guy who has continually breached the forum tos, seemingly with impunity.

You're one to talk Neanka about spreading hatred. this wasnt targeted at you, its just your recent actions that that led to me making this topic. and the staff deleting your comments because it "Didnt align with their ideologies" is a major over statement. they deleted it because you were calling Ukraine Nazis from my understanding and being super offensive and inconsiderate which violated TOS.

Edit: I quoted the wrong person lmao

I proved to you that the hiding of mods was agreed with the co-authors, that I was going to open them in a few days in advance and that I respect the community and consider our mods to be their property. and all you can say now is that i called someone Nazis. so shallow..

can you swear on the Bible that the nationalists in Ukraine have not killed over 14 thousand of their citizens in Donbass since 2014? if I'm talking about something, then I'm operating with well-known facts. and I do not justify the war in any way.

and there is no need to justify yourself with some far-fetched versions now. you created this post only just for instigation

So Russia's answer to a (civil) war in Ukraine, was to invade and start a larger scale war??? Please explain the logic of that to me, because I sure ain't seein' it.

You don't know anything and I don't, so let's not discuss it here again.

if you have nothing to do, you can read about Yugoslavia

And yes, I will say it for the thousandth time. I'm not justifying the war, I'm just accusing you of hypocrisy again.

Edited by Neanka

I'm going to lock this topic now as it will only descend into further conflict.

While the OP says it's not targeted at Neanka, they are one of only two mod authors which decided to hide high profile mods in reaction to the war in Ukraine (both are visible again), so it's pretty unfair to single those users out in this way.

Whenever something like this happens we will always try to engage with the mod author and find a better solution where possible.