Dying Light MODS issues that persist to this day (7 YEARS LATER)

Deleted135550573User

I would like to ask for the cooperation of the mod community of this wonderful game, to solve some problems that persist since the launch of this game.

It's about the "Data3" mod conflict.

There are many public utility mods, which add more variety to the game, but lack practicality and often a simple explanation. For example, there are mods that add more variety and climates, enemies, mods that remove or add mechanics that please or displease players, there is a mod that removes the X-RAY effect from zombies, which conflicts with RESHADE! Most of these mods are restricted to a single file, "Data3" and to merge these mods, it's not practical, you need to search a lot in specific pages or forums to find some tutorial, and even if you find it, you need to find out which file (within Data3) is referring to the mod you want to add or remove, so you don't remove the previous mod, this is really sad, I know that most of you probably already have an answer to some of these questions, as if whoever asked that, was a person completely devoid of intellect, however, one thing I tell you, not all of us are modders, most of us are just passionate players for a certain game, who would just like to solve or add something detail to the game, that improves our personal experience with the game, and that's all right. There are several Dying Light mods that can be combined to make this game (which is already very good) even better! But most of them, replace the same files, or do not work with a certain version of the game, this drives away new players, who want to enjoy a certain mod, or modder, who wants to create a mod inspired by another, however, is discouraged with the scenario mods in Dying Light, and gives up wanting to add to the community. Nobody helps, in trying to solve the main aspect about mods, which is installation and conflicts. Is there anyone out there who can create a manager or simple method to add multiple mods in separate folders, without necessarily having to graduate in IT? (Jokes aside) the mod scene in Dying Light today, looks like a recently released game, where modders are still learning to mess with the game files. You who are a fan of Dying Light, I ask for your help to solve these problems once and for all, problems that persist to this day.

I count on your collaboration!

• 1 year later...

You can use a pak loader such as "dide_mod.dll"

(original created for dead island definitive edition by @sldayo on discord or steffen the same dude who made the save editor )

but it works equally well on dying light

This will allow you to load multiple files at a time without even modifying data3.pak

It works by hooking two functions

One for loading paks and one for starting the game after everything is loaded

Right before the engine trys to initialize the game it loads your custom paks