Missing files won't return.

CengizKhan1

Yes it was really AE, as soon as you installed SSE Steam automatically updated your game to 1.6x.

You really did not need to purchase that AE bundle unless you wanted the additional CC content.

I still do not understand what you mean by "Workshop" When it comes to SSE and Bethesda they have nothing to do with the Steam Workshop and undoubtedly never will. I believe someone has given you a skewed interpretation of what the Steam Workshop actually is.

I would advise you to google it so you can get a better knowledge of what the Steam Workshop actually is.

Yes, we established the AE thing early on. I didn't need to, but experience has taught me that if I don't, I'll be sorry. Kind of like nobody needs to purchase the DLC's or SSE. They're not as bad as Microsoft about this tactic, but they've obviously learned from them.

Trying to see where anything I said would make you think I don't understand the difference between a version, a company, and a service and can't. Care to explain why you think I don't?

I think the confusing part is that Steam Workshop is not and never has been available for Skyrim SE.

And also your comment about "when Bethesda.net hands everything over to Workshop". Where did you hear that?

They are retiring the games launcher and transferring your games over to Steam, but the mods and Bethesda.net aren't going anywhere. They can't be transferred and still support the consoles even if they wanted to do that.

Yes, we established the AE thing early on. I didn't need to, but experience has taught me that if I don't, I'll be sorry. Kind of like nobody needs to purchase the DLC's or SSE. They're not as bad as Microsoft about this tactic, but they've obviously learned from them.

Trying to see where anything I said would make you think I don't understand the difference between a version, a company, and a service and can't. Care to explain why you think I don't?

If you would explain to me your definition of "Workshop" I might be able to explain why the term does or does not apply to any version of SSE.

All you are getting when you purchase the PC version of AE is more CC mods. If you define a mod and a DLC as the same then you are right to purchase that. In my opinion it is just that Bethesda has finally found a way to monetize mods. Something they have been attempting for a few years now.

The Bethesda website said they are moving the Creation Club and mod content to Steam Workshop. It's on their website with details to be announced. I equate the small Creation Club DLC's as mods, the only difference is one is official and the other is not. I say this even though the DLC's tend to be necessary for future gaming, as I've explained above.

The Steam Workshop is the area of Steam where modders can place their mods for DL. While not "officially" a part of Steam, the section is managed by them and they do carry a fiduciary responsibility for them though for legal purposes I imagine they would claim otherwise.

As for Steam not being available for Skyrim SE, like Nexus they have a separate section for the two, assuming the older LE section still exists. (That was how it was 5 years ago, give or take, when I quit playing.) Currently, it tells me it is SE in the area I'm in as it remembered me from back then. That said, I haven't been to Workshop since loading Vortex, as I prefer the Nexus mods.

Not worried about consoles, this isn't about console vs. PC. It's about missing files that did not return even with all mods disabled and files verified and reloaded, which morphed into SKSE64 not wanting to work (I had to manually remove and reinstall it.) I get the feeling this has become some kind of pissing contest. If so, you will win as everything I've learned about mods these past 20 years has changed, so I'm relearning everything as I go. That said, I'm not a complete noob. I know enough about modding and computers to recognize complete BS when I read it (in the other posts regarding the problems I'[ve been having.)

As for Steam not being available for Skyrim SE

with all due respect, HUH? Exactly how do you think Skyrim SE is distributed? (hint: STEAM). In fact, you can't even play Skyrim SE without powering up Steam (in either online or offline mode).

That was how it was 5 years ago, give or take, when I quit playing

Perhaps so. idk (or care, since it's not 5 years ago). Steam has been required since ~spring 2018 or so when I first purchased Skyrim SE

I do not believe I ever said that Steam was not available for SSE, I said the Steam Workshop was not available for SSE, and I stand by that.

I have been playing The Elder Scrolls V about five days since it was first released, in 2011 I believe. I say the Elder Scrolls V as at that time there were no DLCs, just the base game. Even then you needed a Steam account and had to be logged into it to download and play the game. I got the SSE version for free as at the time SSE was first released if you owned Skyrim and all the DLCs, aka Legendary, you got SSE installed automatically for a certain length of time, after that you had to buy it. You can only install and play any version of The Elder Scrolls V through Steam.

I have come to the conclusion that we are talking about two different things when we refer to Steam Workshop. The only Steam Workshop I know of is the one for the Legendary version of Skyrim. There might be another workshop but it would not be the "Steam Workshop".

Ok, sorry... I responded based on a direct quote of what you said. I guess you simply left off that important distinction in your quoted statement, presuming readers would read "Steam" and think ":Steam Workshop", which imo/ime isn't a sound presumption. But whatever...

good luck

The Bethesda website said they are moving the Creation Club and mod content to Steam Workshop. It's on their website with details to be announced. I equate the small Creation Club DLC's as mods, the only difference is one is official and the other is not. I say this even though the DLC's tend to be necessary for future gaming, as I've explained above.

This is incorrect. Bethesda is ending the Bethesda.net LAUNCHER. That was their service for selling/distributing games, which will not be needed in the future since Microsoft bought Bethesda and Gamepass already exists.

It is only the games and the users "wallets". Bethesda.net accounts and mods are staying put.