Load Order: BOSS vs FOMM vs NMM.

alanarg

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to figure out the differences between using BOSS, FOMM (Fallout Mod Manager) and NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) for load order purposes.

Load order was always something that confuse me a lot, because I read every single readme of each mod I install, and I follow the install instructions and load order indications. Thing is almost every mod says "load it last" or "load it before X.esm and after X.esm", so it's really annoying because I have almost 50+ mods and I can't put them all last, so I don't know if all of them are working properly =P.

Anyway, my doubt comes when I install BOSS, FOMM and NMM.

- BOSS order the mods with some load order that I don't know if it's correctly, should I trust him? =P It's quite difficult to know if BOSS order mods properly.

- FOMM doesn't have load order pre-installed or whatever (and if it has, it doesn't work when I use it).

- NMM it's the same that FOMM.

So, what should I do?

Thanks for your time and help.

Edited by alanarg

ok if you need to sort your load order use BOSS as a starting point and sort things in logical order you can use this page as a guideline for where to place mods http://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/installation#TOC-Load-Order

FOMM and NMM are used for managing mods where BOSS has to do with load order you can move your esp's and esm's around in FOMM and NMM

Edited by shadowfx78

• 2 months later...

ok if you need to sort your load order use BOSS as a starting point and sort things in logical order you can use this page as a guideline for where to place mods http://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/installation#TOC-Load-Order

FOMM and NMM are used for managing mods where BOSS has to do with load order you can move your esp's and esm's around in FOMM and NMM

Honestly, I have found BOSS to be more of a pain and a waste of time than helpful. First of all, many of the mods are either not listed by BOSS yet, or have outdated sorting compaired to newer or updated mods. It takes a long time for the BOSS devs to list a mod, or often times it just never gets listed - despite feedback from both mod authors and players alike. My point being, I feel it's unreliable; What's the purpose of having BOSS sort your mods if you then have to manually move them into proper placement for your specific load order anyways?

But, tha's just my opinion based on moderate experience. Many people still swear by BOSS and use it nearly religiously.

Edited by acelogan

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a difference between the BOSS included in FOMM and the standalone version?

Can't assure you that, but if the BOSS load order software is based on a web-database it should be the same, except for some programing stuff.

Edited by alanarg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there guys, would someone be willing to tell me why my game is so weird after I installed FWE & MMM, also am running DarnUI. All the NPC's dont move correctly at all, and when I start a new game it just doesn't show the dialogue at the beggining :| Please respond, thank you.

This is my load order, someone please tell me what order they should be in :)

Fallout3.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main file.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp

DarnifiedF3.esp

Edited by Nukapocalypse

To nuka : At least I'd place something called "main file" before other, this seems logical.

And I guess you should choose one of the optional restore tracer, not both.

Some detailed info on installing FWE and MMM, and load order : https://sites.google.com/site/fo3wanderersedition/installation

And to avoid the thread Hijacking stamp, better start one on your own.

Edited by Guest