X-Box V.S. PC - which is better?

redstreak1

PC > X-Piece of poo that should never have existed because its micro$ux' pathetic attempt to take over the console industry along with computers!

And it doesn't have FPS optimizer or the construction kit either.

morrowind on PC is by far better for so many reasons, but I do have to defind the X-Box. there are some games that are just better on a consel (like most multy-player games for instens) and as consels go X-Box is tops. Even if it is made by the son of saten, its just a better system.

Name ONE thing that does better on a console. I don't think there is any. Sure you can play with multiple people on it. Wow... It would be possible on the PC too, if only they made games that do so. With a PCI card with extra USB-slots you can have multiple keyboard, mouse and/or joystick sets, with a good videocard you can even have multiple monitors...

...Or you can just hook a couple to a router or play over the internet!

The only problem is that some games aren't designed for PC, beat-em-up games are the ones that suffer most. I only have Virtua Fighter 2 and some Mortal Kombat crap. They should have Dead or Alive 3 for PC. And no, I don't have any problem playing those games with a keyboard, I even RATHER play it with a keyboard then a gamepad. And for those that say otherwise, buy a gamepad and plug it in, everything is possible.

I say again, NOTHING does better on a console, and they should stop designing games for consoles and bring everything back to PC. However, a lot of people are TOTAL LAMERS when it comes to PCs. They dump it full of poo and wonder why it crashes. They don't know what parts are in it. They don't know how to wipe everything and get it back running. When it gets outdated they throw it away and buy a new pre-built system, instead of just replacing certain parts. And for LAMERS like that consoles are ideal. Plug it in, turn it on, and it works.

And while I am ranting anyway, I better throw it all out now. LAMERS are responsible for Micropoo selling such crap software. Yes, Winblows is crap. Especially XP. It's a freaking operating system for crying out loud! Operating systems shouldn't do things behind your back, especially when it comes down to sending personal information back to it's producer. Take Winblows mediaplayer. They first completely denied that it contacted Micropoo. Until someone took it apart and proved that it kept track of every file you played and sent that info to M$! And when WinXP starts, before YOU use the internet connection for anything, it already sends data, even when you disable Winblows update and stuff like that. Of course, M$ denies everything. They already lied, and what is their word worth now hmm?

Ok, next point. It's an OS (or at least it's SUPPOSED to be an OS). THEN WHY DOES IT USE SO MUCH RAM AND CPU POWER?! I don't need a fancy dog to help me, I don't need sounds, I don't need your warnings, I don't need moving icons allover the place, I don't want you to detect the hardware for me, I don't want multiple profiles, I don't need fancy screensavers, I don't need you to autocomplete my input, I don't need you to check for updates, I don't need a recycle bin, I don't need you to remember my passwords, I don't need a fancy interface in 32-bit colors with buttons that change color and appearance, and you can keep the desktop background too! Go back to black and white if you have to and give me back my memory! NOW!

Wow... :huh:

Hi@all! This is my first post in this forum...

I think the X-Box version has several disadvantages:

1. The screen resolution is worse than the PC-Version.

2. The X-Box-controller has no short-keys (e.g. weapons & spells) and is quite heavy when you play a few hours.

3. X-Box needs longer to load cells...

4. No construction set, no plugins.

xbox is cool for games like tony hawks pro skater, but not for a game like morrowind!

thats my humble opinion... :P

P.S.: excuse my bad english... I'm from germany.

Let me see, spend a grand every few years buying a new computer and/or on upgrades for your old one, or spend 200 or so bucks buying a console, tough call.

Play a console game in seconds on a gigantic screen in your living room, or spend even more money buying special equipment to do it for the PC, again, another ever so tough call.

Take hours figuring out how to exactly configure a game for the PC so you and your friends can all play together, or plug in another controller to the console, yet again, another tough call.

PC is, by far, superior to a console, however, there is an appeal for those people who don't feel like %&$!ing around in a computer just to make a game work exactly right.

Consoles and PC's both have their advantages and disadvantages. I prefer to spend more money and go to the PC route because I like the games better, and I like the versatility of adding mods. Consoles don't have nearly the amount of versatility. Lastly, Going with the PC route isn't very costly if you build your own computer, and nothing beats a home made computer with top quality parts. You can save big buck by ordering off pricewatch etc.

:ph34r: The X-BOX controller sucks!

Even the new edition S-controller sucks!

Yeah, so that's my two cents or three, i only can count to five.

Why do fighthing games suck on PC? I found Virtua Fighter 2 very enjoyable on my PC.

Only problem is with making circles for combos, but that's impossible to do on the xbox controller as well. Just go to sparring mode in Dead or Alive 3 and try it to see what I mean....

Archived