ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Hello friends, been a while, lend a hand please with crashing?

Veixlar

Hello Nexus friends. It's been quite some time since I've played Skyrim and I decided to give it another go. I've since upgraded my computer immensely and was giddy upon seeing that I could now play the game at Ultra High settings, but alas, can't seem to get the game to get past Bethesda logo.

I ran BOSS, and deleted everything that was even giving me a warning to no avail. Im sure I'm simply missing over somthing in load order, and would be grateful if one of you with trained eyes could take a gander and tell me if I'm missing something.

Please and thank you!

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
Falskaar.esm=1
AzarHair.esm=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Chesko_Frostfall.esp=1
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp=1
fantasy music overhaul - no vanilla music.esp=1
fantasy music overhaul - unique town music.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp=1
BellyachesNewDragonSpecies.esp=1
Lost Art of the Blacksmith.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
WetandCold.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
1nivWICCloaks.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
warchiefarmor.esp=1
Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp=1
DeadlyDragons.esp=1
DeadlyMonsters.esp=1
Antennaria.esp=1
Inconsequential NPCs.esp=1
silverfish.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
Civil War Overhaul.esp=1
EnchantPotionDuration.esp=1
dD-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=1
Helgen Reborn.esp=1
FootstepsSoundsOverhaul.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Cold.esp=1
Predator Vision.esp=1
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp=1
WerewolfMastery.esp=1
Enchanting Freedom.esp=1
ABT - Loot Arrows +75%.esp=1
ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +50%.esp=1
ABT - Faster Bolts Improved +50%.esp=1
ABT - Merchants Arrows +50%.esp=1
ABT - Increased Bolts Damage (Vanilla) +50%.esp=1
ABT - Increased Progressive Damage (with Nord Hero Arrow) +50%.esp=1
ABT - Recover +50% Arrows and Bolts.esp=1
TCG.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
WATER.esp=1
WATER Plants.esp=1
Enchanting ExtraEffect.esp=1
fantasy music overhaul.esp=1
Immersive Battles.esp=1
Immersive Brigands.esp=1
Immersive Dawnguard.esp=1
Immersive Dragonborn.esp=1
Immersive Events.esp=1
Immersive Factions.esp=1
Immersive Mercenaries.esp=1
Immersive Patrols.esp=1
Immersive Travelers.esp=1
Immersive Werewolves.esp=1

I'm having the same problem!

My load order is as follows:

Any one that can help us?

GameMode=Skyrim
Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
NPCs.esm=1
Falskaar.esm=1
SPIKE.esm=1
moonpath.esm=1
WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esm=1
Bigger Badder Lich King Version 2.0.esp=1
BonemoldExpanded.esp=1
Convenient Horses.esp=1
cultist armor.esp=1
Death Knight´s of Skyrim.esp=1
Descentintomadness2.esp=1
Dragonbone Weapons.esp=1
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=1
HeavyGlassArmor.esp=1
Helgen Reborn.esp=1
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Battles.esp=1
Immersive Brigands.esp=1
Immersive Dawnguard.esp=1
Immersive Dragonborn.esp=1
Immersive Factions.esp=1
Immersive Mercenaries.esp=1
Immersive Patrols.esp=1
Immersive Travelers.esp=1
Immersive Werewolves.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp=1
moonpath_questdata.esp=1
More Craftables.esp=1
LightDaedric.esp=1
Smithing 2.0.esp=1
Unique Uniques.esp=1
ValsCraftingMeltdownAlpha.esp=1
WWW.esp=1
WARZONES - Forsworn Variation.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
DeadlyMutilation.esp=1

The part about "deleting everything that gave me trouble" .... completely removing mods that add scripts is impossible due to the game engine.

I suggest you start over, using the STEP guide's revert to vanilla to make sure you have actually no remnents of any mods, then add mods and/or make other changes one at a time, run BOSS, read teh log and take care of any messages, especially (but not limited to compatibility issues, required patches, TES5Edit, and manual placlement of mods. If you decide to remove a mod, return to a save from before you first added it.

The below may be useful to you both-- Bartprim, you order looks very alphabetical, looks like you definitely need to use BOSS.

Here are my recommendations for trouble-free modding.

1. Go to STEP and follow the directions to revert to vanilla skyrim.

2. Start a new game, do not attempt to apply an old save, it will not work and may reintroduce corruption back into your now clean game.

3. Do not make any changes at all until you exit Helgen (the other option is to start with an alternate start mod to avoid the Helgen sequence.)

4, Before making any changes, read everything available on the subject. If it is a mod, read every last word of the readme, description, discussion thread, everything. If it is an ini change, google it, visit a few reputable sources and determine if it is worth trying. Just because one guy puts up a list of his ini changes and swears buy it does not mean it will work for you, and it might even make things worse. When considering any change, mod, .ini file, setting, whatever, consider it in light of your own system hardware and software and the other mods/changes you intend to make. Investigate any possible conflicts before adding it.

5. When you are ready to make any changes (mods, ini settings, anything) attempt only 1 or two at a time. If it's a mod, run BOSS. BOSS is a regular program, not a mod. There is a useful vid for BOSS, here. Set it up to generate the log in .txt format, not html. Read the log and address any messages. In any case, play a bit to test for stability, performance, and compatibility. Make sure to properly place the unrecognized mods as instructed by the mod author, or use TES5Edit or WryeBAsh, or if all else fails, place it with similar mods that are recognized, though that is more trial and error. Also, a number of excellent mods require you use skse. You can find it here. When you extract the files from the zip, you will see a readme that has instructions how to properly install it. There is also another gopher vid to help you set it up, here.

6. If you notice any negative effect of your change (not just crashes, but performance loss, glitches, anything), Stop. Do not attempt to keep playing and definitely do not add any new variables into your system. Investigate the possible causes. If it is a mod and you want to try to remove it, then remove it, but be sure to follow the author's removal instructions exactly. To be safe, go back to the save from just before you added it. (This is easy of you are slowly adding mods, but extremely painful if you add everything at once, play a bunch and have no idea where the problem lies. ) This will also help you avoid with script problems from removed mods that will continue and may get worse.

7. If you get stuck, post a detailed question before you get frustrated. Detailed means t include your BOSS log, noting how you placed unrecognized mods, other supporting programs you have used (like TES5Edit, skse, ANy texture optimizers, enbs, etc.) Also provide your computer specs, any changes to your driver profile and/or skyrim ini files. Finally, provide details about the crash--how long you've had it, what changed before you first noticed it, any patterns like time playing, specific areas or activities like opening a menu or such. Explain what you have already tried to fix the problem and what the results were.

8. Once you get your mods and other changes the way you want them, your game is stable and performing well, then stop. Every time you add or change any variable, you are inviting instability. If a new mod shows up and you think you just have to have it, ask yourself if it is worth having to start all over for--because, you may have to. If the answer is yes, then go ahead and try it and if your game crashes, well, you were willing to take the risk.

Recommendations for maintaining a trouble free game:

1. I personally suggest avoiding the Steam workshop for mods, because it will automatically update and sometimes even remove mods in your list, which can cause your game to die. Also, playing with Steam in offline mode will prevent unexpected updates from causing havoc.

2. Disable auto updates and avoid using quicksave, as these increase the chance of savegame corruption. Also, if your save does become corrupt, you will need to go back to your last working full save, which can be extremely painful if you rarely make them. You can do this by going into your Prefs.ini text file and then making sure the following lines look like this:

[Main]

bSaveOnPause=0
bSaveOnTravel=0
bSaveOnWait=0
bSaveOnRest=0

[saveGame]
fAutosaveEveryXMins=0.0000

For people who want the convenience of auto save with the functionality of a full save, tehre are a few mods you might check out, such as Ishara's Normal Numbered AutoSaves

I managed to fix the problem myself. I basically (from the mod manager menu) selected "Launch SKSE Skyrim" then chose not to close out the manager (to save time)

I went through mods 1 by 1 or 2 by 2 unclicking a mod and trying to start up. If it still crashed, I knew it wasn't that mod giving me trouble and re-enabled it. As it turned out, it was dD-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=1 - which was the realistic blood patch for Dawnguard. I went back to the regular realistic blood patch and everything is working smoothly.

Do as I did, friend. Just unclick mods one by one (then re-enable them if you dont start up normally) and go through your list of mods until you find the one that, when disabled, allows you to start up normally. Then go from there!

Good luck, and good to be back!

Crashing at that point usually means an esp. cannot find its master file. A patch for a mod you don't have would do that.