Red Rotating Warning Lights

floydstime

Modders,

I searched far and wide for a rotating warning light for settlements and found nothing. I know they exist in game. I can't recall where exactly, but I am pretty sure there are some in military facilities. I will update this post if I come across one. Anyway, I would like to have warning lights go off when I open electronic doors on some of my concrete bunkers in my settlements.

If any of you know of any mods that have this, please let me know. If they don't exist, I respectfully request help from the community. Thank you!!!

-floyd

I'm not seeing it in the images and I am not really looking for a massive game breaking mod. I don't want to install this on the whim that there might be what I am looking for in it, especially because there are warnings that if I uninstall it wrong, it will break the game, though I do appreciate the heads up on this one. Thanks!!!

You can find them at each vault entrance. There's even a tutorial for creating a vault-gear door, which you can open & close. The warning lights turn on during the process. - So thats where to look for examples. (not for creating a workshop buildable object though)

If I manage to figure out how to get one working (as buildable object) I might add it to my vault pieces mod, but thats a big IF.

Does it only need to work when powered? (power connected = warning light on) *

^ this I might be able to create, anything else ... probably not

* = Pull lever/switch, transmits power which opens door & turns on warninglights.

Pull lever/switch again, disconnect power, door closes, lights turn off.

Note: Yeah, that means the warninglights will be rotating red light for as long as the door is powered/open.

If you meant to say: While the door is opening/closing (& off when open/closed) ... again, I have no idea how to accomplish that. (with a buildable light & door) - I could however combine the two and create a new powered door with a new animation, including the warninglight(s), but the light would be in a fixed position, relative to the door. (most common place would be right above it)

You can find them at each vault entrance. There's even a tutorial for creating a vault-gear door, which you can open & close. The warning lights turn on during the process. - So thats where to look for examples. (not for creating a workshop buildable object though)

If I manage to figure out how to get one working (as buildable object) I might add it to my vault pieces mod, but thats a big IF.

* = Pull lever/switch, transmits power which opens door & turns on warninglights.

Note: Yeah, that means the warninglights will be rotating red light for as long as the door is powered/open.

If you meant to say: While the door is opening/closing (& off when open/closed) ... again, I have no idea how to accomplish that. (with a buildable light & door) - I could however combine the two and create a new powered door with a new animation, including the warninglight(s), but the light would be in a fixed position, relative to the door. (most common place would be right above it)

possible when the door is opened/closed. Just make the on/unpowered_Off sequence of the lantern equal to the length of the door close/open sequence (also unpowered_Off/on). Accordingly, the controller turns on / off the light addonnode in the same frames. The switch, on the same power line, respectively, will simultaneously open / close the door, and win back the lantern. No power - the door closes and the lantern plays the unpowered_Off animation. There is power - the door opens and the lantern plays the On animation.

I want to recreate the security lockdown you have to deactivate at the start of the Vault 88 questline, and it was just brought to my attention that Auto Doors has a lockdown mode/circuit, so having the hazard lights on while the doors are powered shut would be perfect.

I already use your mod so if a switch or terminal could be crafted for the vault security office and bypass Auto Doors completely that would be awesome.