[LE] Functions to calculate total base health?

I want to create a racial ability mod, and I do NOT want to give the player 'green' stats.

So I was wondering, is there a way to assign a player a base statistic (like magicka) of 100, and then apply a permanent addition to it of 50 points?

I heard a rumor that setav goes away when you reload a game, so that might not work.

Alternatively, is there a way to check the race of the player on script start and just give him 150 magicka perioid, without it being green (modav causes green or red numbers depending on whether you added above the base or took below the base).

Also, any ideas you all have for racial benefits (passives) or powers, feel free to contact me.

SetActorValue / SetAV should not go away when you re-load the game. This is the function to use when wanting to change the base value.

The "set" functions that get reset when re-loading the game are those provided by SKSE.

You can call GetRace on the player to determine their race before applying any specific racial changes.

thanks. Any suggestions on how to get the script to call the GetRace function when the players race gets changed in game with racemenu?