Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

@HP

Nope, onequip does tho

Is that an Entry Point? I don't see it listed here or in the drop-down list in the GECK.

Also, are you able to use SetStage to set a quest stage lower than it's current stage? Say GetStage MyQuest is 1, can I do SetStage MyQuest 0?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a blocktype.. as in, "begin onequip"

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/OnEquip

About quests... i remember reading something about it, but i cannot recall exactly what it was, you're going to need to do some experimenting on your own to find out.

If it does not, you can always stopquest, startquest, setstage. This will however clear out the values off any variables in the quest, and any related objectives and compass markers and stuff.

It's a blocktype.. as in, "begin onequip"

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/OnEquip

:) Yeah, I know. What I want to know is if there is an Entry Point (as in Perks) I can use that runs when items are equipped. The "Activate" Entry Point would seem to be the closest thing listed, but I don't know if that includes equipping. Otherwise, is there some other way to have code run every time the player equips an item, other than adding a script specifically to every item?

About quests... i remember reading something about it, but i cannot recall exactly what it was, you're going to need to do some experimenting on your own to find out.

If it does not, you can always stopquest, startquest, setstage. This will however clear out the values off any variables in the quest, and any related objectives and compass markers and stuff.

Well, it doesn't seem to be working. My quest is already stopped when I want to do this, and according to the wiki, SetStage will start it automatically. So I'm just doing SetStage MyQuest 0, but it has not changed when I check it afterward. I guess I'll have to use ResetQuest - that will work for me, but I'll need to redo my procedure a bit. But I'm still curious about setting the stage backward (in case you don't want to go back to zero) - the wiki doesn't mention any restrictions on the SetStage function like that.

Hmm, you can always use a quest and fose functions to monitor the player's equipment. Clumsy, but effective.

Yeah.... I was hoping I'd be able to do this one without having a script running ALL the time :(

Thanks!

What's the function to return whether the player is standing or crouching? I'm having trouble locating it.

Never mind! It's IsSneaking - I was searching for the wrong word :)

ok, I just need a simple question answered before I decide which of my mod ideas I should start working on

I guess it really isn't mod troubleshooting, but I figured you could help, and then I wouldn't have to waste space with a quick question and answer topic

I have my player character using the type 3 body with the type 3 armors and clothing, and some other random person in the wasteland has default body type and default armor... (I have the armor for my player character loaded as a new armor, not replacing the old one)

so the question is, is there a possible way to kill random person, take their outfit, and have it be turned into the type 3 variant, and if so, would it screw up compatibility and be really difficult to work

or could I just make it impossible to use the armors that you steal from NPCs with different body types

because if not, then my idea to have different body types for different characters would be a total waste, unless of course you have your Fallout modded to be a nudist colony, but that would be just weird

Scripting every armor or preventing the player to pickup normal armors involves editing every armor, which means it'd be incompatible with mods that change armor stat/name/script-wise.

The other option is a quest script that does the replacing, it'd be more compatible, tho your t3 armors would retain vanilla values and names and scripts no matter what you do, might as well go with the edit every armor route.

The other difficulty with Tony's idea is that you'd have to hardcode a list of which NPCs have which bodytypes (formlists probably the way to go) because there is no way to determine what body model a particular NPC or armor is using through script (please correct me if I'm wrong). Unless you were just going to swap every armor every time the player picks them up, and never switch them back.