Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

How can I import a custom .nif into the GECK and not crash?

What I did with the .nif (the one for the 10mm ammo) was giving it a new texture (by selecting another texture through that funny little blue wheel), and save it as 57x28mmammo.nif

EDIT: I tried opening the .nif I made in Nifskope again and got this error:

""device position incorrect after block number 9 (BSShaderTextureSet) at 1463 ended at 1482 expected 1538""

QDir::exists: Empty or null file name

QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't seem to get water in this level I'm making. Every time I try to add it, via the cell option "has water", the box stays checked, but the height resets to 0. Using placeable water doesn't seem to work at all. It's an interior cell, using utility bits. Any idea what's going on?

Just A quick question about the GECK,

I accidentally deleted a Object Window object, It still shows up but its count has been set to "0*D" and I can't place it / figurer out how to undo it as the undo command does not effect the Object window.

-CoolCat

That would be easiest to fix with FO3Edit, but it is also possible to fix with the GECK.

To do this, open up the "Data" window (where you select which data files to load), then highlight your data file and click on the "Details..." button to open the "File Details" window. Here, you can delete edits that you have made, including "delete" edits. Just navigate to the entry that you wish to remove and press the "delete" key.

Cipscis

That would be easiest to fix with FO3Edit, but it is also possible to fix with the GECK.

To do this, open up the "Data" window (where you select which data files to load), then highlight your data file and click on the "Details..." button to open the "File Details" window. Here, you can delete edits that you have made, including "delete" edits. Just navigate to the entry that you wish to remove and press the "delete" key.

Cipscis

I had that problem too, but that solution didn't seem to help at all.

I'm trying to get a weapon to have a chance of making the hit enemy join, my faction and stop attacking.

When I couldn't get that working I tried making the character have a 10% chance of casting a spell that does the same thing. Neither seem to work, at all. Ideas?

Spell

SCN JesusConvertScript

BEGIN OnHit

StopCombat
		RemoveFromAllFactions
		AddToFaction 0001B2A4 0

END

Character

SCN JesusScript

;Follower Variables
short HasBeenHired
short WeaponOut
short CombatStyleRanged
short CombatStyleMelee
short IsFollowingDefault
short IsFollowingLong
short IsFollowingShort
short Waiting
short PlayerTeamate

;Cast Convert Var's
float Timer
short iRandom
ref Target

BEGIN GameMode

set iRandom to GetRandomPercent
	if (JesusREF.IsInCombat == 1)
		if(iRandom < 10)
			set Target to GetCombattarget
			cast JesusConvert Target
		endif
	endif

END

Another problem.

I need a Perk to add a "Button Press Listener" to the player, either by a spell, item or however. I can't figure out how to do this. Every way I have tried pressing the button does nothing. :wallbash: