Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

@cmal:

First thing that comes to mind - did you perhaps forget to attach the script? Using con_SetGameSetting in an OnActivate and GameMode block should work just fine, although looking at that script I'd recommend either moving the GameMode block to a token that is added in the OnActivate block and calls RemoveMe after con_SetGameSetting or adding a "switch" variable in the GameMode block so that con_SetGameSetting is only called once after exiting the terminal each time.

Fake Edit:

I've edited the script on the Wiki to use a switch variable so as not to unnecessarily reset GameSettings.

@Radiosity:

RemoveAllItems simply moves the same instances of each inventory item from one container to another (if specified), and as far as I know never checks the conditions of these items. However, if you use FOSE's GetEquippedCurrentHealth you can check the condition of equipped items. Other functions that you might find useful are GetEquippedObject and GetHealth.

Unfortunately, inventory-walking functions aren't available yet, so only equipped items can be "gotten" from the player's inventory.

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so this next problem I have is that everytime I edit the landscape I go into the game to examine it (darn flying rocks lol) and find these flat, texturless trees that I have no idea on how to remove them in GECK (having it stick through your own house is annoying -__-), I'm assuming they're generated with the grass? I also noticed some texturless land that I can walk through and would like those removed as well.

I had a feeling I'd end up relying on FOSE for something like this. So RemoveAllItems doesn't actually check the conditions, it simply moves them from one location to another? Heh, I tried something like that myself with little (read: no) success. Still, the ability to remove equipped items with condition intact so I can dump them into a temp container while I trash everything else the player is carrying of a particular type is mostly what I'm after, so I'll take a look at that GetEquippedCurrentHealth, thanks.

Edit: Problem solved. For reference, the problem appeared to be some kind of conflict with the Fakepatch.

I'm having problem getting mods to work. Unofficial patch and Gore Tweaks work, but fakepatch, achievement remover and a slew of weapon mods won't.

I'm getting weird errors with weapon mods. The SVD works perfectly, but Alexscorpion's M82 mod won't - I can call up the rifle, but it has no texture, model or sound and a big red triangle with an exclamation point surrounds my character. I can also zoom in with the scope, but I get the same red triangle when I'm zoomed in. The rifle works however - I can shoot things with it in and out of VATS for full effect. Reloading has the standard reloading sound, not the one that came with the mod. Any ideas?

Edit: The craziness continues, all of the mods are finally showing up as active in FOMM, but I can no longer spawn SVDs or invisible M82s, I get an error message:

Item '#####' not found for parameter ObjectID. Complied script not saved!

At the same time, I can spawn and use any kind of ammo from CALIBR. This is just weird.

Edit 2: the M82 mod randomly started to work for a few minutes, but then it and the SVD mod stopped working, and I just got a BSOD trying to exit the game. Does anyone know wtf is going on?

@cmal:

First thing that comes to mind - did you perhaps forget to attach the script? Using con_SetGameSetting in an OnActivate and GameMode block should work just fine, although looking at that script I'd recommend either moving the GameMode block to a token that is added in the OnActivate block and calls RemoveMe after con_SetGameSetting or adding a "switch" variable in the GameMode block so that con_SetGameSetting is only called once after exiting the terminal each time.

Fake Edit:

I've edited the script on the Wiki to use a switch variable so as not to unnecessarily reset GameSettings.

If by attaching the script you mean setting the Script option for the terminal to the TerminalChange script, then no, I did attach it. Its one of the first things I check when I'm troubleshooting. I also tried the switch variable edit you made, didn't work either. I even tried changing sComputersHeader1 ("ROBCO blahblahblah") to "Testing" in-game via the console, and it didn't do jack. I am stumped. I am, curious, though, what purpose could the toggle and minitimer variables serve in that script? They're not used in the script and I didn't see any Quests that made use of them when I was nosing around Valhalla's plugin. Maybe I should ask them?

I'm messing around with scripts and formlists at the moment. I've got an automatic scrapping machine all working nicely which takes all items contained in a specific formlist that the player is carrying, removes them, then adds scrap metal back to the player's inventory. This works great, except that I really need a way to stop it from chewing up whatever the player happens to have equipped as well as unequipped items.

At this point I'm stumped, I've been trying various things with GetEquipped, but I can't think of a way to actually get a list of what the player is currently equipped with (bearing in mind I'm drawing from formlists for the specific types of item to remove from his inventory, so I need a way to stop it removing equipped stuff at the same time) and a way to remove those items and store them in a temp container, then do my recycling of junk into scrap metal, then reclaim the items from the container and add them back to the player and re-equip them (or just a check for what is equipped and then ignore those items). Possibly I've bitten off more than I can chew heh, but if anyone can point me to any useful functions or techniques for doing something like this I'd be grateful :)

I haven't worked with formlists yet, but would you be able to call GetEquipped for each item in your formlist, then move them from the player inv to your temp container if it returns 1?

If not, then I think you'd have to rely on FOSE's GetEquippedObject like Cipscis said.

@cmal:

No, I don't mean the "TerminalChange" script - that's a result script and won't use blocktypes of any kind. I'm talking about the object script that can be attached to the terminal, which is selected in the drop-down menu labelled "Script".

@HugePinball:

The main problem with attempting to move inventory items from one container to another is that, for equipment, you either have to use RemoveAllItems or somehow get the health of the item and use AddItemHealthPercent. Without FOSE, only the health of an equipped weapon can be returned via script.

Cipscis

@cmal:

No, I don't mean the "TerminalChange" script - that's a result script and won't use blocktypes of any kind. I'm talking about the object script that can be attached to the terminal, which is selected in the drop-down menu labelled "Script".

In the Terminal dialogue screen, there's a dropdown on the left side near the top with the label Script. I select TerminalChange the script there. That is what I have been doing to attach the scripts to the terminal.

Maybe we should this to PMs or its own thread? Didn't think it'd take this long to get it working....

I installed Fallout Mod Manager and ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! What I'd like to know is what should be the order of these files in FOMM?

[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] FakePatch_v1.4.0.6.ESM
[X] SP_Destruction_MASTER.esm
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - The Pitt.esp
[ ] RemapWaterType.esp
[X] CALIBR.esm
[X] FOOK.esm
[X] FOOK.esp