Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To display a variable in a message, you have to include a format specifier in the body of the message where the variable is to be shown, and use the variable as a parameter of ShowMessage. For example, if a message called MyMessage has this as its body:

Variable = %g

You would call it like this:

ShowMessage MyMessage iVar

The value of "iVar" will be inserted into the body of the message.

Cipscis

For anyone who runs into my problem with the dialogue AIpackage, discovered that it does actually work, it's just a glitch with the geck where it appears to change the cell whenever you select playerRef, but it does still function properly. If you open up one of the vanilla cells (I looked at Dad in Vault101d) you'll notice even their playerRef dialogue packages seem to point to the wrong cell. So, not sure why it behaves like this, but the point is that it works nonetheless.

The cell isn't relevant there - only the reference. The "playerRef" can be found in that cell, but the player moves around the game world so the cell isn't very relevant, especially not for the player.

Cipscis

i reinstalled f03 the other day, and saved my old data folder (all the mods and other files i'd downloaded), but I cant find my own mods anymore? Where does GECK save them too?

I've checked all the user>app data folders, all the my games folders, run a search for .esp's and turned up nothing.

My question is:

Under the topics tab ,in a dialogue quest, i create a new greeting under the greeting topic, create a response, i create a condition, that all works, however i want the audio file to load from the fallout3.esm not my .esp

so under the response text box i need to change the file path from :

Data\Sound\Voice\Vault104.esp\MaleGenericGhoul\AgentHoltV_GREETING_000215B0_1.ogg

to:

Data\Sound\Voice\fallout3.esm\MaleGenericGhoul\Generic_GREETING_000038C2_1.ogg

or if i havnt explained it verywell here is a image:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/Warlord_1011/Vault104GreetingDirectory.jpg

My quick question: I created a custom race and would like to create a fitting child and old race as well. Whenever I do this and create a new character, I get a CTD right after I closed the face gen. Without the fitting child and old race for my custom race everything works though, so I assume that I did something wrong.

How do I create a fitting child and old race for a custom race? Maybe someone is experienced with that and would like to send me a pm or anyone knows a good tutorial and could share the link.

Thank you!

At the beginning of the game, the player is converted to a child via SetPCYoung. This may be what's causing the crash.

Assigning a race as the "younger" or "older" version of another race isn't difficult - just select it under the appropriate drop-down menu in the "General Data" tab of the Race window.

Cipscis