Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

Hopefully this is a simple problem. My NPC keeps opening the door to his cell, even though it's a Requires Key lock and he hasn't got the key. He only does it when fleeing (ie. if I shoot him through the bars) but he still shouldn't be able to open the door. What am I forgetting / doing wrong?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't find anywhere. Maximum length of a message? As in a message box. Anyone know?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found out through some testing. It's 1000 characters.

Would a OnTrigger/OnTriggerEnter Block work on a weapon script? If so what would the GetActionRef return for a reference? Sorry the G.E.C.K wiki isn't too clear on this.

Trying to fix my Tesla Cannon so that it DOES 1-hit k.o a vertibird, rather than attracting the attention of Enclave soldiers wanting to know who just chucked a pebble at their ride.... :sweat:

Nope, those will only work with a trigger. What you want (i think) is to spawn an item with the tesla's explosion, and make the item moveto a triggerzone or use fose ref-walking to detect nearby vertibirds and shot them down.

How do i spawn an item with the Tesla Cannon's explosion and make it moveto a trigger zone? The Activator to do this DLC03TeslaDynamicExplosion already exists, just need to know how to do the above with it.

Nothing, the AI cheats.

I wanted to test different ways of preventing NPC's from escaping, but seems I can't even un-prevent them to begin experimenting. If I lock the cell door the NPC can't seem to be able to escape if I shoot him. If I unlock the door for him he escapes as he should. This happens even if the NPC's lockpick skill is higher than the lock's required value.

It's not about fleeing gunfire. That's different.

Try with follow packages, i've seen companions bypassing locked doors when trying to get to the player.

I've also come to the conclusion that console-locked doors are treated differently than esp-locked doors, tho i may be wrong. locking the door via script may have a similar effect.