Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

How can I add all creatures with the same base object to a faction via scripting? Both SetFactionRank and AddtoFaction seem to require an explicit reference.

Aren't factions only for base objects? So when you add the base object to faction, all it's references should behave like they are in faction.

To my knowledge that is true in Oblivion. However, as far as I can tell AddtoFaction is a new function in FO3 that allows a single actor to be in a different faction to its base object.

I have to add the base object to the faction via scripting as otherwise it will cause compatibility errors with mods changing base objects.

The problem I am having is that if I use say,

CrCentaur.SetFactionRank SAMPLEFACTION 0

I am told that the function must use an explicit reference to a single actor in that context. I cannot use a reference to a base object (CrCentaur).

So how do I add a base object to a faction via scripting.

Question:

Is it possible to change the ownership of multiple items at the same time, or must I change them one by one?

I haven't tried this myself, but this should help.

MechanicalPirate:

I can't answer your question right now, but if you are going to rely on faction ranks much, note that there might be some problems. See this topic by me where I tried getting faction ranks working and failed. If you find a way to get them to work, please inform me.

About the ownership question... couldn't you toy with factions to simulate it? make the items belong to a faction, add people to it to allow ownership.

The issue I had was placing the items within the faction through the ownership menu. Normally I would have to add ownership to each item, but the above referenced batch edit allows me to add all of the items I have selected to the faction.