Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

First, you'll need to create a new base effect to attach the script to. Just like creating any other form, this is very simple - just navigate to the "Base Effect" section of the Object Tree (you can find it under "Game Effects"), right-click and select "New". You'll want to set your effect's archetype to "Script" and select your script in the drop down menu (make sure it's an Effect script first, or it won't appear in the list). In order to make your Base Effect selectable for a "Weapon" type Object Effect, you'll also want to tick the "Touch" checkbox.

Next, you'll need to create a new Object Effect - the method of creating this form is the same as for a Base Effect. Once created, you'll want to specify that it is a "Weapon" type Object Effect, and select your Base Effect as an Effect Item (right-click under "Effects" and select New). Once this is set up, select this Object Effect in the Weapon window to apply it to your weapon.

Cipscis

Sweet! It works now, Thanks alot :D

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the loads of questions I've been asking, but here's another. I'm working on a "Forsaken Bunker" that's infested with Deathclaw, and I want the moment you walk in to be freaky. Is there any way to make a creature walk via trigger?

For example-

1) Player enters trigger.

2) Controls disabled, and Deathclaw is told to walk through another trigger, which turns on spotlight that illuminate it.

3) Controls re-enabled.

I don't need any help with the controls or spotlights, but the forced walking of a creature is what I have a question about. I also would have to have the player set as "invisible" or something, so the Deathclaw doesn't ignore the script and run towards the player while the controls are disabled.

I figure a staged timer for the disable/walking/enable, since I've gotten fairly efficient with them.

I think you could use PlayGroup in order to force the Deathclaw to walk forward, and I'd expect that to prevent it from entering combat as well. You'd probably have to play around with it and perhaps PlayIdle in order to get it to stop when you want it to, though.

If that doesn't work, then you should probably be able to use an AI package to achieve the same effect.

Cipscis

Hi, do you know how to attach a scope to a weapon? I downloaded a weapon with no true scope, just a sort of screen and I wanted that when I aimed down the sights, a sniper scope would appear - is this even possible?

When editing the weapon you go to the second tab and where it says 'has scope' tick that. Then you will have to select the scope mesh to use. If you have none in your folder you may need to extract the one from the .bsa.

Well..here's my problem.

I want to retexture a piece of armor from another mod, but I don't want to replace the original one so that I can have 2 pieces of armor with 2 different textures but the same meshes; but the problem is if I retexture it and copy paste it into the original directory I get 1 piece of armor with the texture I made and the original is replaced. So I want to know how to tell a mesh where should it take textures from.

Well..here's my problem.

I want to retexture a piece of armor from another mod, but I don't want to replace the original one so that I can have 2 pieces of armor with 2 different textures but the same meshes; but the problem is if I retexture it and copy paste it into the original directory I get 1 piece of armor with the texture I made and the original is replaced. So I want to know how to tell a mesh where should it take textures from.

In the GECK you need to go to the Miscellaneous > Texture Set section and make a new one. Then make a new Item > Armor. Then when picking the mesh for the file, double click next to each part name and select your texture set. Then save and done. This is a very basic tut. Hopefully it works. Just ask again if you run into more troubles.