Quick Question - Quick Answer

Cipscis

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a complete noob to moding and I'm just curious as to how to open the console to change some simple values like skill levels, etc. My tilde key won't open the console like I've been instructed it would, am I misinformed or is it more complicated than that. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't have a controller connected.

I'm just curious as to how to open the console to change some simple values like skill levels, etc. My tilde key won't open the console

many people have that problem, form various causes

a reasonable solution:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2637

(Requires FOSE)

BTW I seem to remember a function in the installer version of the unofficial patch having a key bind function that doesn't require FOSE as well, but cannot check it at this time.

Trying to make a quest that involves clearing a house of creatures, but not sure how to script the detection. I'm guessing I'd have to assign the script to the creatures themselves that would run a check upon their death to see whether a makeshift kill counter had been reached, but seems like there's got to be a more straightforward way of doing this...

Thanks for the help.

I am working on a mod - http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10943

I am trying to make weapons do damage that bypass DR. To do so I have created Base Effects with Value Modifers set to Health.

I then create an Object Effect and place it on a weapon that uses the previously created Base Effect, I set a Damage Magnitude and set it to -Touch- -Health-.

You can set a Resistance Type on the Base Effect and that seems to be the resist that the game checks, so if you set the Base Effect to Frost Resistance ( Game does not use this resistance type ) then the damage set in the Object Effect will Bypass DR and only be effected if the target has Frost Resistance.

The problem is every time I fire a multiple Projectile weapon set this way the game skips a few frames.

So I am trying to tie a script to a Base Effect and then place it onto an Object Effect for the weapon to see if that would work better.

This is what I have so far, I'm not a script writter and I just cant seem to find the resources I need to learn what I want to do...

scn 1CombatShotgun

int FR

int DamageValue

Begin GameMode

set FR to getav frostresist

set Damagevalue to -1 * (17-17*(FR*.01)) ; This just gets the damage value after the frost resistance of the target has been calculated

ModAv Health Damagevalue ; Maybe DamageAV Health DamageValue ?

End

How do you modify Fatigue in a script like this? Can one script do the damage and reduce Fatigue by a value per shot?

I tried

DamageAV Fatigue 10

ModAV Fatigue 10

How do you make the damage over time? For example if I wanted the gun to do a Bleed effect of 1 damage over 6 seconds?

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it

Well it seems no one is able to help yet but here is an update.

I was able to make a script and tie it to a Base Effect and then to an Object Effect and then place it on a weapon and it worked, there was NO lag upon firing a multiple Projectile Weapon - /cheer

scn 1ProtectronGaze

BEGIN ScriptEffectStart

float TCT

set TCT to getav Fatigue

IF getdead== 0

damageAV Health 22

ENDIF

IF TCT>15

DamageAV Fatigue 15

else

DamageAV Fatigue TCT ; Prevents Fatigue from dropping below 0

ENDIF

END

This allows me to do the bypass DR Damage, although I'm going to do a formula for it after I figure this all out, just starting simple.

This also allows me to damage fatigue as I want.

*Note that if fatigue drops below 0 the target passes out, and I do not want that.

But I still need to figure out how to do a bleed effect again for example like 1 damage over 6 seconds, and I do not want the bleed effects to stack.