Nights are (still) too bright

Deleted148849978User

Hello everyone,

Strict to the point: I'm running Semirealis ENB for Cathedral Weathers, Cathedral Weathers, ELE, Relighting Skyrim.

Daytime lights are perfectly balanced and awesome.

Nights are instead too bright: not so bright to look weird, but still very unrealistic (I live in the Alps, so I am quite aware of what it means to be around at night in a northern landscape - or worse, in a forest).

I tried to use the Cathedral "power" for darkening nights, but they were still too bright; then I tried to install Darker Nights, but it had no effect (or at least non-noticeable).

The effect I'm looking for is the same as Realistic Nights mod for Oldrim (it seems very strange to me that nobody ported it). Any suggestions? Maybe some kind of .ini tweaks?

Thank you all

Probably the easiest way is to adjust ENB settings.

Open the ENB GUI in game (standard combination is shift-enter). Go to enbeffects.fx. Look for "brightness night" or something like that. Change the settings to your liking. Maybe you'll have to adjust "brightness dusk" and "brightness dawn" too to avoid harsh transitions.

Seems the Relighting Skyrim has conflicts with ELE

f000cc7833073ab724aaed367b7798953bba29f8

Maybe play around which ones could be compatible with the ENB you are using by one by one installing it to your game. or just like Algabar said, adjust your ENB GUI to toned up your game.

@baddong: "ELE" usually refers to "Enhanced Lighting for ENB":

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1377

According to the description, it is compatible with "relighting Skyrim". Both are by the same author. While ELE covers interiors, "Relighting Skyrim" aims to improve exteriors.

Both add / change light sources. This shouldn't affect overall night brightness. In fact, nights in "Cathedral Weathers" are quite bright by default. ENB settings might be needed to tone them down, if you want "realistic" dark nights.

Thank you all for your kind responses.

Yes, I was referring to ENB lights, as Algabar pointed out.

Interior Exterior Brightness seems a very good idea. I think I'll firstly try to tweak some light settings from the ENB Helper; my only concern is it's possible to maintain a good level of warmth for braciers and torches. I will update

Thanks