That holy 1st camera height...

Deleted148849978User

Hi everyone,

As the title says, I am striving to fix that unbearable inconsistency.

I tried some mods, and the only one that "worked" for me was Player Size Adjuster; the problem with PSA is that it's not correctly aligned with eye sight, and it tends to reset when I sleep or wait.

Someone suggested to adjust the bug manually using a .nif skeleton mod: how can I do that? Obviously, if someone has a better mod to suggest, it would be appreciated.

Thank you all

For 1st person mode, Racemenu offers a camera height slider, under the "camera" settings

Up/Down, Forward/Backward

As for 3rd person camera controls, you'll probably need a camera mod.

Use the main Skyrim Special Edition page file search tool, and type in "camera"

Thank you for your answer.

I don't know if it's only my issue, but RaceMenu does not allow me to control 1st person camera: during character creation or via cc, I can't see myself from 1st person, so I've always used "camera" setting as an utility tool to rotate or zoom.

In fact, even if I go all the way up with the RaceMenu camera, I see no difference at all when I talk to someone.

Try using Racemenu after character creation, via console "showracemenu", or by using a mod that hooks into Racemenu like "A Change of Face"

TBH, I don't remember exactly, but I suppose it's possible that Character creation is performed in an instance of Racemenu that may not show all options. Last time I started a new game, I recall Racemenu not being quite what I'm used to seeing during normal play (I have to use Racemenu frequently to fix an annoyingly recurrent body-discoloration bug, and sometimes to fix lobster hands).

Afaik, when in normal play (again, beyond the new-game char creation stage), the last header (All, 3BBB, .... Face, Mouth, Head... Body Paint, Makeup... Body Scales... Weapons, etc) in Racemenu should be labeled "Camera", and it should have two sliders, one for camera height and one for forward/backward movement.

you could also try a canned solution like First Person Camera Height Fix

PS> you can never see yourself in Skyrim in 1st person view. "1st person" of course means seeing out of your player character's eyes, so unless someone invents mirrors in Skyrim, it's not likely you ever will. Maybe confusing 3rd with 1st?