⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Returning to Skyrim, overwhelmed...

harvengure

1. Install the BBP mod first.

2. Install one of the CBBE base bodies. Curvy if you plan on having a giant-breasted body shape, and Slim if you plan on having a more natural sized body shape.

3. Install/open BodySlide (/CB++).

4. Select one of the BBP body options in 'Outfit/Body'(/..whatever the CB++ equivalent is).

5. Select a preset, or make your own by moving sliders. Make sure to preview.

6. Click on Create Bodies.

Optional: If you have BodySlide/CB++ compatible BBP outfits installed, then click on BatchBuild and only check the boxes you need/want. If you're not using the CBBE Vanilla body, don't select any of the Vanilla options; if you already have a body installed, don't select any of the body options, etc.

There is no way for the game to tell what body mod, if any, is installed. All it can tell is that the character is X gender and X race.

NMM uses FOMOD installers, which are in .xml format. Might be easier to open up one and use that as a guide.

1. Install the BBP mod first.

2. Install one of the CBBE base bodies. Curvy if you plan on having a giant-breasted body shape, and Slim if you plan on having a more natural sized body shape.

3. Install/open BodySlide (/CB++).

4. Select one of the BBP body options in 'Outfit/Body'(/..whatever the CB++ equivalent is).

5. Select a preset, or make your own by moving sliders. Make sure to preview.

6. Click on Create Bodies.

Optional: If you have BodySlide/CB++ compatible BBP outfits installed, then click on BatchBuild and only check the boxes you need/want. If you're not using the CBBE Vanilla body, don't select any of the Vanilla options; if you already have a body installed, don't select any of the body options, etc.

There is no way for the game to tell what body mod, if any, is installed. All it can tell is that the character is X gender and X race.

NMM uses FOMOD installers, which are in .xml format. Might be easier to open up one and use that as a guide.

Hmmm. Could one not use GetModName somehow to detect the .esp of the desired file within the load order and then react to it?

Now I am VERY confused as most of the mods in my loading list are .ESP files. >.>

Mods that change the game data in some way use .esps.

Mods that only replace something, like a mesh, texture or animation, don't, because they don't need to. Skyrim loads 'loose files' last.

The only exception I know about are mods such as those on Steam where EVERYTHING must be packaged in a .bsa file, and thus an .esp is needed so Skyrim can actually detect the contents of said .bsa.

The dangerous thing to start with as a mod-user is using loose files to begin with. Unless you have constant control of what you copy and overwrite by installing another mod i personally suggest users who start adding mods to their game to stick to packed non-loose mods first. That way troubleshooting is reduced to loadorder in the beginning. After you start having a game that roughly looks like you like it: get yourself a bsa-unpacker and have a look into those packed files to get a better understanding of how many different files are in one simple mod i.e. When you actually have a stable game with packed bsa's and esps - take the next higher step and start also using mods with loose files.

One of the best things to do is actually to follow the guide from STEP-Group for a clean installation - found here Guide Skyrim Installation and after that go to http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.7. STEP suggests to use loose files over bsa files for performance reasons - but as a non-professional user yet you should really stick to packed mods first. I have reverted my system several times and since i am modding myself on my life-system sometimes i still use many bsa-files instead of loose files just to prevent chaos. If your gear is good enough the performance gain with loose files wont have that big of an impact in the beginning of your game-modding anyways.

Now I am VERY confused as most of the mods in my loading list are .ESP files. >.>

Mods that change the game data in some way use .esps.

Mods that only replace something, like a mesh, texture or animation, don't, because they don't need to. Skyrim loads 'loose files' last.

The only exception I know about are mods such as those on Steam where EVERYTHING must be packaged in a .bsa file, and thus an .esp is needed so Skyrim can actually detect the contents of said .bsa.

It was late and I somehow missed the word 'body' in the statement. xD Given there is no way to detect the body mesh of a character (as far as I can tell and have been told) I suppose any armors I end up making will just have to be for the various popular body types and the user picks.