ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Script Request and Permissions for a modified Bethesda model

JobVanDam

Ok, does anyone have a script that allows leveled lists to be displayed in the Crafting menu?
CK allows you to pick a leveled list as the item to be created but it doesn't show up in the menu.

Also I'm wondering if someone modifies a VANILLA model to be used in there mod, completely disappears so they can't be contacted isn't it ok to use the same modified model in my own mod considering they don't own the original model?

Thank you.

Wild guess: maybe you should create a new perk that allows you to do that in the crafting menu. Check DarkFox127 Tutorials on YouTube, I believe he did a video on that subject.

About your second question, check what the mod author says in his/her description - some of them will say "free to use".

I sympathize with you not getting answers ;) I'm struggling with a script myself, trying to add sound to an idleMarker - you wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?

Thanks for the response.

You happen to know which video he describes pulling from a leveled list in a crafting menu? He does have a lot of videos.

As for the perk suggestion what did you mean by that?

Th mod author doesn't mention at all permissions to use or not use the file so I'm kinda stuck. I'm just thinking it would be OK because it's like you creating a model and saying everyone can use it. Then I come along and edit your model but don't provide any kind of permissions.Well if you say its ok and you own the original model it must be ok to use other people's edits of your work.

As for scripting, sorry I know nothing about it.

Try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke9Z9xRgY3o - I'm not sure but I seem to remember it's about crafting leveled items with new perks.

About the mod use permission, I'd be very careful about that if I were you. if he mod author did not mention his work is free to use, then it means he was not willing to see it used without permission. The Nexus, and more generally mod authors (and users too) are vey sensitive about that - I wouldn't try to reuse anything without permission. Best you can do is try to make your own mod, inspired by the one you like... Good luck :)

That vid is for creating new perks and creating conditions before getting the new perk. I'm looking to get a random item from a leveled list via crafting.

That and edit an existing mesh... ah jeez, I got a big, fat feeling I'm gonna have to learn how to do it myself... ah jeez.