Mod conflicts ?

Bindiman

My first thought is that at the specific line of dialogue at which your game crashes, the game is attempting to either add or remove something from your inventory that a mod has altered or replaced, or, more likely, a quest objective that's meant to be updated at that point has been improperly altered. Maybe the issue is with the Message to Whiterun mission?

Sadly there's no way to be entirely sure which mod is doing this - even uninstalling a mod doesn't necessarily remove all of its effects. Many mods, particularly mods that rely on scripts, store data in the save file itself that is not removed when said mod is uninstalled. There's no way to properly "clean" a save of such data either, despite the availability of many tools that claim to be save cleaners - such tools can do much, but not remove baked in scripts.

I don't know enough about the Civil War quest to know exactly which quest values are changing and to what stages they're trying to be changed to, nor do I know offhand precisely what potential rewards might be being changed. I'm also not entirely familiar with every single one of the plugins you've got active, either (WWW.esp, for example).

My second impulse is to blame ELFX, though I'm honestly not sure how viable such a belief is TBH. I've had nothing but troubles with it myself - flickering lights indoors, overly long/hanging load screens, even CTDs and freezing. And I'm not entirely sure why, either. I suspect it's an incompatibility with prod80's Climates of Tamriel extension for foggy and rainy weathers, but sadly I don't know for sure. All I know is that I prefer the lighting from Realistic Lighting Overhaul anyway, and tend to use it instead these days despite the lack of candle smoke.

A few people have suggested it might be conflicts between your music or sound mods? I suppose it's possible, but I don't personally see how. I'm not familiar enough with sound overhaul or music mods to offer any reliable advice on that though.

Lastly, I'd take a close look at SkyRe and it's compatibility with some of your other mods. While SkyRe itself is a fantastic mod that will always have a special place in my heart - and a permanent place in my NMM list, even if it's not installed all that much anymore - it really doesn't play nice with other mods. Even mods that claim compatibility, or have compatibility patches.

Anyway, that's all I can come up with at any rate. I hope there's something in here that helps you figure it out.

My first thought is that at the specific line of dialogue at which your game crashes, the game is attempting to either add or remove something from your inventory that a mod has altered or replaced, or, more likely, a quest objective that's meant to be updated at that point has been improperly altered. Maybe the issue is with the Message to Whiterun mission?

Sadly there's no way to be entirely sure which mod is doing this - even uninstalling a mod doesn't necessarily remove all of its effects. Many mods, particularly mods that rely on scripts, store data in the save file itself that is not removed when said mod is uninstalled. There's no way to properly "clean" a save of such data either, despite the availability of many tools that claim to be save cleaners - such tools can do much, but not remove baked in scripts.

I don't know enough about the Civil War quest to know exactly which quest values are changing and to what stages they're trying to be changed to, nor do I know offhand precisely what potential rewards might be being changed. I'm also not entirely familiar with every single one of the plugins you've got active, either (WWW.esp, for example).

My second impulse is to blame ELFX, though I'm honestly not sure how viable such a belief is TBH. I've had nothing but troubles with it myself - flickering lights indoors, overly long/hanging load screens, even CTDs and freezing. And I'm not entirely sure why, either. I suspect it's an incompatibility with prod80's Climates of Tamriel extension for foggy and rainy weathers, but sadly I don't know for sure. All I know is that I prefer the lighting from Realistic Lighting Overhaul anyway, and tend to use it instead these days despite the lack of candle smoke.

A few people have suggested it might be conflicts between your music or sound mods? I suppose it's possible, but I don't personally see how. I'm not familiar enough with sound overhaul or music mods to offer any reliable advice on that though.

Lastly, I'd take a close look at SkyRe and it's compatibility with some of your other mods. While SkyRe itself is a fantastic mod that will always have a special place in my heart - and a permanent place in my NMM list, even if it's not installed all that much anymore - it really doesn't play nice with other mods. Even mods that claim compatibility, or have compatibility patches.

Anyway, that's all I can come up with at any rate. I hope there's something in here that helps you figure it out.

Thank you for your advice.