WARNING : Phishing?

GethroShepard

Hello.

Today I got 2 mails informing me my Nexus account got locked because I used too many attemps to input my password.

This was during my working time...

There are 2 links to unlock my account. I doesn't used them and, in place, used the old-fashoned way to access the website. And my account is still fine.

So, is it a problem of the website?

Or a real attemp of phishing? How come they know I have a Nexus Account and are able to use the good email adress with the good name I use solely on this site?

There was a breach a few years back, don't recall exactly when. I think Nexus sent out a notification about that, and people were asked to change their passwords. It's quite likely that information is still out there, and folks are still using it.... Look at whom the emails are from, bet it isn't Nexus.com. :D

In any event, ignore ANY emails of that nature. Do NOT click on the links.

The emails are likely to be legit.

We're aware of some malicious script kiddies trying their luck by spamming the login system with random details. There's not really anything to worry about, they've likely either got your data from a previous breach of another site (see: https://haveibeenpwned.com/) or are just guessing emails/usernames and trying their luck.

We've put some steps in place today to hopefully stop them from doing this as all it's doing is sending the "Account locked" messages to users who already have secured their accounts. It's more annoying that anything, so sorry about that!