Finalising mod list and getting rid of mod manager

wrls

Hi all!

I`m aiming to play skyrim on linux, but it's impossible to get any mod manager i'm aware of work with it. My workaround is to manage my modlist under a vm in Mod manager 2. Since nor MO2 or Vortex played nice with wine last time this time i want to get rid of them when i'm done. Is there a function in any of these mod managers to convert a modlist install into a "manual" installation, that is one where all the files are in skyrim\data folder and i only have to launch the game or skse instead of launching into the mod manager first.

Thanks for the help

I doubt this is possible with MO2 due to the way it works with its virtual file system.

You might have a better chance with Vortex. Vortex really copies the installed files into your Skyrim SE folder. So, after everything is installed, you don't need to touch Vortex again. Just start the game with "SKSE64_loader.exe" from your game folder.

I don't know if you really need to uninstall Vortex and what consequences this might bring. Simply ignoring it after you're done with your mod list should work though.

I doubt this is possible with MO2 due to the way it works with its virtual file system.

You might have a better chance with Vortex. Vortex really copies the installed files into your Skyrim SE folder. So, after everything is installed, you don't need to touch Vortex again. Just start the game with "SKSE64_loader.exe" from your game folder.

I don't know if you really need to uninstall Vortex and what consequences this might bring. Simply ignoring it after you're done with your mod list should work though.

Thanks, I`ll give vortex a try then.

Vortex doesn't put the files in the Data directory. It uses a Virtual file system like MO2 does, but it uses one that is built into Windows so Vortex doesn't need to be running.

Unless you can get Vortex to make those same links in your Linux install, it won't help.