Why can't I save dialogue edits?

Guest deleted2027229

Guest deleted2027229

I'm trying to edit Haskill's dialogue under topics > SEHaskillChoice09 - In the Result Script box I'm trying to delete "DisablePlayerControls" so I won't be froze on the spot when the entry room turns into Butterflies when first entering the Shivering Isles, but whenever I delete "DisablePlayerControls" it doesn't seem to save, and will reappear when I open Haskills dialogue. Any idea why it won't save?

Guest deleted2027229

Actually, I realised you need to click compile and not just "ok", problem is sorted, I'm working on a simple mod that will quicken the process of getting to shivering isles by editing the following—

1 - strange door map marker available immediately on a new game

2 - can instantly travel through portal without waiting for Sheogoraths speech

3 - can speak to Haskill without sitting in the chair

4 - will not get froze on the spot while the room turns into butterflies

You can literally be in the isles within 30 seconds with these simple tweaks.

There is even a faster way to get to the Isles, using my different portals and yes, they do fix the Crime system too. I have many portals to everywhere. Just peek at my paintings at the Main room and in the display room, well actually, I have such paintings everywhere, but not all paintings are portals. Most are though. https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/52047

The 2 paintings on the right side in this Screenshot is 2 of my 4 portals to SI. But I do not edit Haskil. Is that really needed to get started with the quest at all?

52047-1657220914-2094716565.jpeg

Edited by Pellape

Guest deleted2027229

Sorry Pellape, I'm working with a pretty much vanilla install here, though I do admire the work you put into your mod. I try to stick to vanilla assets only as troubleshooting tends to be a lot easier.

Edited by WanderRA

Yes, do as you wish. ;) I only made it known that i have a solution, in case someone else fancy cheating into SI :D

I do love to show off my stuff too, as soon as I can. ;)