60 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you live?

• The United States of America
    • The United Kingdom
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • Canada
    • Other, please specify

I'm FROM the northwest United States, I was born in the mountains of northern Idaho - and I've spent most of my life in the rainy costal mountain ranges of Oregon, Washington, and states nearby.

I currently live in the People's Republic of China, and have for the last 9 years - my Mandarin Chinese is passable, but not fluent - on the standard language-learner scale of L1 (beginner) ---- to L5 (natively fluent) I'm about an L 3.5 in Mandarin Chinese.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(lol almost clicked UK)

I'm from the northeastern U.S, now living in the Nashville Basin region, though most the people I've grown up around are people from other nations. :cool:

(lol almost clicked UK)

I'm from the northeastern U.S, now living in the Nashville Basin region, though most the people I've grown up around are people from other nations. :cool:

my property in Tennessee is about an hour east of nashville!

Cookeville?

Born in USA....been in 46 states, 9 other countries, and peed in three different oceans before I turned 12. Grew up in the military...in Spain, and a few other places.

Have always wanted to visit the Australia, northern Europe, the middle east, and Russia. Yeah, to some of you, it's just home, but to me, they're exotic and exciting places.

(Canada: I don't need to visit since part of it is going to be moving here before the year is out :wub: }

(lol almost clicked UK)

my property in Tennessee is about an hour east of nashville!

Cookeville?

close!

Finland. One of the minority from my country that are actually using the forums.

Is that where the famous Kalevala is from. I read that JRR TOLKIEN used the tales as inspiration for parts of the lord of the rings and that Finnish is one of the most original and old languages in the world.