Possible to revive dead horse that is already dead in game?

munduses

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible (by console or by a mod) to resurrect a dead horse, that has been placed in the game in that state. I would assume that default horse AI is the same for all normal horses, so it shouldn't be impossible, should it? And before anyone suggests, nope, "resurrect" doesn't work here. I tried it, and also there's this from the wiki:

"NPCs who are dead at the beginning of the game cannot be resurrected via this command."

Hopefully it would be possible via some other way. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

It depends if the placed dead horse is actually an NPC or something being used in clutter. I haven't seen anything in the kit like that, but I've seen other 'dead' things that aren't an actor. So this could be why it's not able to be resurrected. But like I said, I'm not sure. Something to look into though!

Thanks for the input. Okay so, hmm, I'm not exactly sure if the horse is clutter or not. I'd imagine that dead humans/animals with clutter status can't be clicked? This horse is actually a bit weird in the sense that when I hover my mouse upon it, "Search horse" shows up, but when trying to do so nothing happens. And the game does recognize my click, because there's this faint sound when I do so.

Anyway, will have to see if I might find anything more out. I'm getting obsessed with this horse, ha ha.

Are you sure ??

It should be possible type"resurrect 1" if the horse have been alive before and not part of a quest or placed as dead on purpose.

sure you clicked on the horse ??? sometimes you click the background instead.

Yes, I'm sure. I tried resurrect both with and without 1. I have resurrected countless of NPCs before, so I know how it works. That's not the issue here, because (as it seems you didn't read my first post thoroughly), I already said that "NPCs who are dead at the beginning of the game cannot be resurrected via this command."

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...