Custom armor dosent cast shadows or recive light

taro8

Hi guys. I have problem with a custom armor mesh.

I made a lot of changes to one modded armor and I decided to cut some legwork and copy a branch that contained the trishape of part I edited, then I copied shader data.

However in game my edited armor part (the main body cuirass) does not cast shadow, nor does it revive any light. No glint, normal map showing or anything.

Im not very good at modding skyrim, so I have NO idea what is wrong.

EDIT: The problem starts when I add alpha property.

Edited by taro8

NifSkope...

NiTriShapeData's NUM UV SETS is set to 4097?

If not change the current value to 4097 and menu SPELLS=>BATCH=>UPDATE

Afaik when you select BSLightingShaderProperty there is a value in the Shader Flags 1 line that says something like recieve and cast_shadows - check them if unchecked.

When you add alpha property? When you click on NiTrishape and in the block detail window below, when you scroll down to BS PROPERTIES and open it - BSLightingShaderProperty is in the first and NiAlphaProperty in the second line?

Polygons face the correct side? Rightclick on NiTriShapeData and MESH=>FACE NORMALS

I would recommend to copy/paste the whole BSLightingShaderProperty of a working vanilla armor and adjust the texture paths...or at least compare all values with your modded .nif - works in most cases.

If nothing helps i would recommend to upload the mod/nif so someone might check it for errors.

greetings

Edited by ghosu