CTD upon Launch

Carshald

I wasnt aware either i just found out, I'm trying to extract the ba2 files of any mods that wont affect performance like clothes, armor and weapons. Because after a quick google it seems there's a 700 ba2 limit and then the typical esp, esl limits aswell. I guess since it says i have 763 ba2 files i assume that might be the cause of the crash. I did also realize that since i have pretty much every creation club item, the ba2 limit gets reduced aswell cause they add ba2 also.

I run about 520 mods. However they range from esl's, to just texture overhauls, basic things like workshop framework, etc...I do believe like 1/3 of the .ba2 files are actually creation club items. Honestly i've now tried reducing the .ba2 amount by extracting a bunch of armor, clothing and weapon mods however it didn't seem to help so idk

Edited by KlensHeaven

I might be tempted to go thru and remove any of the CC content you aren't actually using...... Why beth chose to do it that way is beyond me.....

You might also consider packing a bunch of archives into a single file, then just use a dummy esp to load it.

It's also possible that you are bumping up against the esp/esl limit. Generally, esp limit will just cause your mods to do funny things.... like reset each time you load a game.... too many esl files though, that may indeed cause a CTD, as the game runs out of form IDs to assign.