skse_loader.exe disappeared ?

Bindiman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost certainly a false positive - it happens after updating Avast, not SKSE. SKSE hasn't suddenly become a trojan, Avast's newest database simply incorrectly identifies it as one. I've done a scan on it with both AVG and SpybotS&D, as well as run a Microsoft Defender scan on a second computer. They all came back clean.

The question isn't whether SKSE is safe or not, but whether Avast will allows it to be reinstalled.

I see, well bummer, damn avast ruined some pretty epic moment <.<. Is there a way to select the file inside avast to let it ignore skse now ?

I remember i did something similar ages ago when Witcher 2 come out and its exe was being flagged in a similar way, but i have forgot how I did it.

The funny thing is, I keep Avast as a secondary Anti Virus (I use AVG mainly) and I haven't updated/turned on Avast for ages. It even says I am using an outdated version when I open the UI now, so I have no idea why this would happen to me as well.

I didn't notice this thread before, so I made another one myself.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I thought this was really weird. It worked just few hours before.

Just now I disabled Avast and I could download and install SKSE.

Game works fine too.

EDIT: Okay, so you have to have Avast disabled to make it work, enabling it again only caused to delete skse loader again. Strange, I hope this problem will get resolved soon.

Edited by Shinoi

guys I had the same problem as well. I was playing fine just a few hours ago and suddenly skyrim crashed and the next thing I know, SKSE got deleted in my desktop. I tried restoring a copy of the SKSE installer I had in recycle bin to my desktop but that didn't show up as well. Perhaps it was deleted?

This is really getting on my nerves. Can anyone please offer a solution?