Running animation sucks

Deleted910962User

We need new animations for running and also for couple of other currently sucky animations. Someone should make that running like in Fallout 1 and 2.. that current running looks ridiculous when wearing power armor and there are no weapons in hand.. also one hand held weapons need different way how they are held.. that current cowboy thing looks akward, especially when wearing power armor. Also when holding weapons such as assault rifle or hunting rifle.. it just doesn't fit for power armors.. it looks a bit cowardish, what I'm after is masculine and patriotic and barbaric animations.

I like T-51B Power Armors and I like bodybuilder's body. And those animations in Fallout 3 ruin my fun of wearing a power armor.. they're too girly.

I would make those animations myself, but where to start? What programs I would need? I have no knowledge or experience with altering animations or models or anything of that kind. I know that animations in Fallout 3 CAN BE CHANGED, I don't give rats arse if it's hard work or not.. Fallout 3 must get new running animations eventually. Also that diagonal running must be made somehow.

Nifskope, and then any 3d program. There's a sticky somewhere about modeling, and there should be some things on the geck wiki. Still, you wont find much about animations, not many here do that sort of thing.

Not many people anywhere do animation, and with no surprise since it's not easy. I do some basic animation for weapons and world meshes and the like, but getting into real character animation takes a lot of time and patience (on top of all that time you just spent learning how to model).

It's basically the arms that irritate me when running in a power armor and holding no weapons. :wallbash: It would be good enough if someone would get those arms moving at sides and not in front of the chest. :rolleyes: Also the upper body moving left to right (or viceversa) a little should be adjusted so the left and right side of the upper body doesn't move left to right at all. That left and right side should move back and forth (Like when the right side moves forth the left side goes backwards).

Anyways.. I have the nifscope and haven't gone past the point of getting to edit that running animation file. ;D

Archived