[WIP] The Black Marshes

Ibsen3

No problem. I am a die hard Argonian fan. I have wanted Black marsh for a LONG time. But I ask:

1. Would the new textures make the system lag?

2. Will this be some massive 4 gigabyte mod (If so, I'm out)

3. Will this be ALL of Black Marsh?

Good questions!

1. I'm not aware of that happening. My PC ain't great and it works without any significant lagging problems...and that's with things at their present advanced stage.

2. I think the overall total filesize will be in excess of 1GB and may even nudge 2GB once totally complete but no more, I reckon.

3. Yes, the complete worldspace with everything crammed to the rafters! The beta will hopefully come out first though (before Skyrim, we reckon) and that's going to be almost a half of the total worldspace. However, we have already developed some sections that go way beyond the limits of these beta regions.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I noticed that I haven't been back to update this thread in a long, long time since we basically opted to work mainly on the Bethesda site. However, I just updated the OP of this thread which contains our new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-2948cGNHg&context=C3ee8008ADOEgsToPDskKerJebsAKk1u5mGdoKkcEU

It also includes links to the now quite old teaser videos and lots of other new stuff in the links further on down in the original message. We're working on quests now and should release a beta sometime in the new year.

Please drop by youtube and 'like' the video, if you do indeed like it. It helps spread the message and may help in getting us some experienced modders who can help out (we're always in need since we have such a tiny team).

Edited by Ibsen3

That looks very cool. The development of the mod has come very far since I last saw this thread... I especially like the idea of going inside that beast. It's a very creative idea, to say the least.

I can tell you and your team have put a lot of time and work into this. Just glancing I can see a lot of new content. I can't wait to play it :D

EDIT: I do have one question though. Will we be able to just walk into Black Marsh, or is it in a new worldspace that appears to be linked to the main world?

Edited by Guest

Thanks LordFrostcraig,

It's a separate worldspace. I made the decision to enlargen the map considering the fact that I felt BM would not have a great deal of depth to it if it took only a short time to walk across which I felt it would have had given the dimensions that appeared accurate according to the cell-grids. It's been a slightly controversial decision but I stick by it because it means there is a noticeable transition into denser, wetter wilderness as you move Eastwards. The regions that you see initially in the trailer are towards the West and the latter ones are towards the East.

Incidentally, while I'm on the subject, one significant region that doesn't get a great deal of attention in the trailer is the Arnesian Jungle. It's the part in the trailer where you see the Durzogs and me talking about the Marsh Elves. It's a pity you don't see more of it as it's probably my favourite landscape....but you have to decide what to cut when you're editing.

It means that you can't just cross the border from Tamriel to Argonia. We're planning on having a little intro sequence that involves an introduction to the unique travelling system that was proposed but I'm probably best not describing it right now as it would be a spoiler.

It means that you can't just cross the border from Tamriel to Argonia. We're planning on having a little intro sequence that involves an introduction to the unique travelling system that was proposed but I'm probably best not describing it right now as it would be a spoiler.

Like the entering of Shivering Isles was in Oblivion? I mean in such a way probably. Would be good whatever u guys do. :happy:

Like the entering of Shivering Isles was in Oblivion? I mean in such a way probably. Would be good whatever u guys do. :happy:

Yes, something similar.