⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

[WIP] The Black Marshes

Ibsen3

Another thing that has come to my attention and is important for a Black Marsh mod is that there are no farms in Argonia. Yes, Argonians are hunter-gatherers. Nobody farms in swamps and Argonians (well the males anyway) are adapted to hunt. So what has this got to do with the mod? Clutter, mostly. You can't put things like bread or any other grain based food in Argonia. The only food available is a) meat [more types than in Cyrodiil] and b) wild plants, such as somnalius, dragon's tongue, bog beacon, new plants indigenous to Argonia, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to post a small update: we've had some talented folks join the team and are making some good progress. We've had a couple of interior designers join and they've been fixing up our interiors. We also have a couple of scripters on board now, including myself, and we've started to get the quests coded up. We're still a ways off from releasing the beta, but we are moving forward.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've not been keeping people updated much here but I have been posting the odd thing on our Facebook page and keeping in touch with response to our trailer.

I should report that we've pretty much finished all interiors and NPCs for the beta now. I'm turning my attention to polishing off the dungeons. Some of us are still in a pre-beta semi-testing and polishing off phase whilst the quests get sorted out. Then we'll test properly and release.

Some interesting news is that Snus' new

which we requested from him has now been added along with several others from the BTMoreEnemies mod and various other bits and pieces (we were adding the last bits to the assets). The bad news, I guess, is a few idiots on youtube accusing us of being fake, claiming that Black Marsh doesn't exist or something.....seriously, what is wrong with these people?

Sure jamochawoke (great name btw),

The best thing to do now is to head on over to our forums here: http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/forum/39-tes-iv-black-marsh/ .

At the moment, all our efforts are focused on the beta so we're not doing tremendously exciting stuff and I've put a stop to some of the fun stuff like towns and settlements (besides which, people tend to claim all of those and leave everyone else to mop up the cluttering and NPCs which is unjust). You'll need to prove your skills in some way too and to follow the technical advice of our admin, AndalayBay.

However, a lot of the modding now depends on what you can do to help us meet the requirements of the beta (it's about half the map with full settlements, dungeons, creatures, clutters and some quests, basically). I'm about to polish off the dungeons, if you fancy helping out there. Bear in mind that you would need to work according to some guidelines such as using our unique clutter and so on. Anyway, drop by and we'll see what we can get you working on. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ibsen3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very sweet words, Carmelpoptart. Thank you!

Just FYI, we're still in alpha phase sadly, but we're getting there. In case you don't know about it already, do keep track of us on our Facebook account. I tend to only update that thing now because it's quick and easy. Strangely, we get zero attention over here (despite the moderators' support) so we kind of switched to youtube and Facebook (we have a Bethesda thread too, of course).

Very sweet words, Carmelpoptart. Thank you!

Just FYI, we're still in alpha phase sadly, but we're getting there. In case you don't know about it already, do keep track of us on our Facebook account. I tend to only update that thing now because it's quick and easy. Strangely, we get zero attention over here (despite the moderators' support) so we kind of switched to youtube and Facebook (we have a Bethesda thread too, of course).

Good to see that this is still active, since i couple of people used this mod as an example of unfinished region mods that will never come out when talking about going to other locations in oblivion. i got a bit worried.

BTW how big of a hit on FPS will this mod do?

Edited by Carmelpoptart

According to our admins, very little at all. Arthmoor, who was responsible for a lot of Open Cities stuff, is extremely thorough and has assessed the idea of having open cities before implementing them in-game. He wouldn't have done that if there was any risk to fps and our admins are VERY thorough.

Those who put this mod into the category of 'never-to-be-released' obviously haven't the tiniest clue what they're talking about. I know fine well what mods are way too ambitious for their own good and I could name them at the drop of a hat (but I'm not keen on offending people). Anyone who has actually read any press releases about the beta release will know that it's all very much in control. The only problem is the fact that we have such a tiny team (there are so few genuinely reliable modders out there) but this project has had a strategy to ensure some kind of strong playable release for years. Therefore, the only argument that it's never going to see the light of day is based purely on impatience, frustration and perhaps a few other irrational responses.

However, as far as a full release of the complete worldspace goes.....well, that may just be a step too far with the team and resources as they are....but we'll at least manage to get half of the map and a lot of quests done, as per the beta release information.

Edited by Ibsen3