New SkyUI to work with Customized Favorites Menu

lytche

Hiya.

So I have this issue where I really don't like the new SkyUI's favorites menu works, because it adds unnecessary scrolling and tabs switching, and I find it tedious and too time consuming to find it useful when I am in the midst of enemies, fighting and running on adrenaline to go through with it and over the past few weeks that I have been using the newest SkyUI, instead of getting used to the way favorites menu looks like now I found myself simply avoiding using it at all cost.

So, my question and, in truth, a cry for help, is to ask you to advise me if it is possible, and if it is, how can I get back to the way Categorized Favorites Menu made my game look like without the need of getting rid of SkyUI.

To show this in pictures:

Now it is like this

http://31.media.tumblr.com/1614c45b8713615656f8436336c2ae23/tumblr_mvfhm6iuHt1rdn0moo1_1280.jpg

But I would really like it to look like it used to:

http://static2.nexusmods.com/110/mods/110/images/4862-2-1326082563.jpg

Any ideas?

I also prefer the categorised favourites menu layout and mine did work ok with the latest SKYUI and CFM except I would get an error message appear every time I opened up the favourites menu which I had to click on to clear. I got round it by going back to SKYUI 3.4.

Delete the favoritesmenu.swf file in the SkyUI mod folder, and then disable favorites menu warnings in the SkyUI MCM.

This is good to know. I'll have to give it a try :)

There's no way to stop those messages without deleting "favoritesmenu.swf" nor downgrading SkyUI?

I really like the design of the "categorized favorites menu" and I really don't want to risk downgrading my SkyUI....

PS: by "those messages" I mean what HellBiscuit talked about.

Once I press "Q" for the first time, the favorite menu appears with an error message saying my SkyUI version is incompatible.

After that I can continue to play normally. The message will only pop up again if I reload the game.

It is a minor annoyance, it would be nice to get rid of it.

Edited by Sucrilhus

Open the SKYUI MCM menu.

Click the advanced tab. In that tab (on the right side) you can disable SWF version checking for the favorites menu.

I'm so embarrassed right now hahah.

I did look for the "disable warnings" feature at the MCM before posting this comment, but I disabled the one about tips. I probably was tired while I attempted that... god... hahah.
Upon reading your comment, I decided to look again with more care, and yeap.... there it was....
Now it's working perfectly.
Thank you.