Enhanced Weather - Rain -WIP-

skingrad24

You won't know until you've seen it in game, and neither do I, but horizontal lines sound horrible! Maybe show us some pics? Just by guesssing I'd say maybe very short lines would work the best, so it's not that noticeable when you briefly look up? I know that dots can work though, when done properly, look at the gta games, but it has to be dense.

... watch the vids that have been posted already? And the lines look perfect, speaking as someone who's been playing with the mod for a few days. I'm surprised there doesn't appear to be an option to change particle facing though, even an older game like UT2004 can do different particle facings.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lines is the best bet

so far I give it a rating of 10

looks pretty awesome.

btw does anyone know any mod that increases the number of 256 mods limit?

You can use Plugin Utility to merge two or more plugins in one, this should work

You won't know until you've seen it in game, and neither do I, but horizontal lines sound horrible! Maybe show us some pics? Just by guesssing I'd say maybe very short lines would work the best, so it's not that noticeable when you briefly look up? I know that dots can work though, when done properly, look at the gta games, but it has to be dense.

... watch the vids that have been posted already? And the lines look perfect, speaking as someone who's been playing with the mod for a few days. I'm surprised there doesn't appear to be an option to change particle facing though, even an older game like UT2004 can do different particle facings.

I asked to SaidenStorm which knows a lot and he told me that in oblivion was possible to lock on axis the particles, but it isn't in Fallout

This looks fantastic, looking forward to a release. Any sign of a public beta in the near future?

Betas aren't public, anway I don't think it will take very long to a semi-bugfree public release

One thing I would say is it would be good if the radiation esp (or at least one of the esps, if there are multiple) is balanced with the vanilla game. I've used mods before where they are not and having a radiation effects increasing mod can make it unplayable e.g. the rad levels get so high so quick you die extremely quickly.

Now the plugin adds 1 rad each 3 secs for light rain and 2 rads each 3 sec for heavy rain which is rarer

If I may add my 2p regarding the visual effect I would say lines for sure but I'd like to see what happens when you look up.

You simply see the same particle facing to the camera as it was falling in front of you instead of over you

Think I found another one. Thanks to that damn radiation bug that won't go away, I just managed to kill myself after fast travelling to megaton (should've taken a radaway first since I was at deadly radiation level at that point heh). Anyway, upon reloading from the quicksave, the rain loses its sound effects completely, no rain splashes and no thunder.

edit: well well, I just found out what the cause of that 'bug' was. Mart's Mutant Mod apparently. It's added a new ingestible called ghoul meat (which I'd eaten a ton of because I needed the healing). Turns out it also irradiates you over time, hence my problem.

Think I found another one. Thanks to that damn radiation bug that won't go away, I just managed to kill myself after fast travelling to megaton (should've taken a radaway first since I was at deadly radiation level at that point heh). Anyway, upon reloading from the quicksave, the rain loses its sound effects completely, no rain splashes and no thunder.

This bug is caused by the game engine, cause weather sounds aren't scripted, so there's nothing I can do.