Enhanced Weather - Rain -WIP-

skingrad24

Quick video, press HD....

First problem, it was raining inside the New Statesman hotel, the rain then froze on screen while the carnage with a group of angry mutants continued as normal. I'll post back if I find any more interior cell showers.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i really can't wait until this one is released hehe . Oh and By the way i would definatly have rain somewhere in the title to make it an easy search item even if it is in italics or parenthsis or what ever. It definatly will need that for people to find it :D as soon as you give word i am downloading it hehe i been working on the direct port over from oblivion and got it working but was trying to mess with it enough to where it wasn't an OB asset but looks as though you beat me to the punch absolutly will be getting a 10 from me as wel as added to my "Cannot play Fallout 3 without these" Mod folder

Ciao, Finalmente la pioggia. Puoi chiedere a Saidenstorm credo per qualche chiarimento sulla pioggia . Perchè ho visto qualche discussione sulla pioggia e lui aveva dato dei suggerimenti utili.

Citazione

I would love to see radioactive rain in fallout. It would be nice if there could be different levels of rain, from a light drizzle to a full on, huge downpour. For the heaviest of downpours it could inflict like 10 rads per second and you'd have to find cover quickly, but of course that should only happen rarely. Also if possible it would be nice if it wasn't just a screen effect like in Oblivion and also if NPCs reacted to it.

Saiden storm reponse:

Weather in Oblivion was not a screen effect it was a Particle Systems that was glued to the player so that it moved with you -> and the FO3 weather is exactly the same system so any .nif made will have the exact same limitation of making the weather follow the player.

Saidenstorm forse può darti qualche consiglio sul Particle system della pioggia. Prova a mandangli un PM

Posso essere un beta tester anche io ? :whistling:

Ciao, Finalmente la pioggia. Puoi chiedere a Saidenstorm credo per qualche chiarimento sulla pioggia . Perchè ho visto qualche discussione sulla pioggia e lui aveva dato dei suggerimenti utili.

Citazione

I would love to see radioactive rain in fallout. It would be nice if there could be different levels of rain, from a light drizzle to a full on, huge downpour. For the heaviest of downpours it could inflict like 10 rads per second and you'd have to find cover quickly, but of course that should only happen rarely. Also if possible it would be nice if it wasn't just a screen effect like in Oblivion and also if NPCs reacted to it.

Saiden storm reponse:

Weather in Oblivion was not a screen effect it was a Particle Systems that was glued to the player so that it moved with you -> and the FO3 weather is exactly the same system so any .nif made will have the exact same limitation of making the weather follow the player.

Saidenstorm forse può darti qualche consiglio sul Particle system della pioggia. Prova a mandangli un PM

Posso essere un beta tester anche io ? :whistling:

come tu sai italiano?

o e una tradutzione?

:rolleyes: Enough rambling in languages I don't speak :P

Anyway

I've tested out the rain, the rain itself is great, absolutely perfect. The problems I found where:

Things in the distance became bright white (should be dark gray) and the sky needs a little work (a bit less contrast, in the rain its more gray with only slight shading)

Its raining where I am now :wink: So its the perfect time, also the rain needs sound (obviously)

You should also make a version with wind-blown rain to make big storms more violent looking (like rain on a major angle and wind-blown rainy mistyness further out)

Anyway

I've tested out the rain, the rain itself is great, absolutely perfect. The problems I found where:

Things in the distance became bright white (should be dark gray) and the sky needs a little work (a bit less contrast, in the rain its more gray with only slight shading)

Its raining where I am now :wink: So its the perfect time, also the rain needs sound (obviously)

You should also make a version with wind-blown rain to make big storms more violent looking (like rain on a major angle and wind-blown rainy mistyness further out)

I have already sound files, but I forgot to gave you them :biggrin:

Anyway

I have already sound files, but I forgot to gave you them :biggrin:

I thought it was a bit quiet. :D

Anyway no more weirdness yet, the hotel has been the only place I've come across an indoor shower (blame the sprinklers). I agree with speedy on the whiteness, it could do with toning down. I also had the same thing happen that used to happen in Oblivion, it was raining in the Citidel courtyard but bright sunshine just outside. I don't know if much can be done about that though.

Well i really can't wait until this one is released hehe . Oh and By the way i would definatly have rain somewhere in the title to make it an easy search item even if it is in italics or parenthsis or what ever. It definatly will need that for people to find it :D

You're right I will call it "Something" (I think Enhanced Weather) - Rain, it will be much easier to find it

To beta testers, I'm making a new esp with modified weather, the ambient now should be more gray (or grayer, or graier I don't know, how do you say in english), and the heavy rain has less impact on FPS, I will change the textures a bit to be less black and adds the sound files.